Author Topic: General Questions - GTA  (Read 2607 times)

Offline brownman

• Gold Member
How do you know if it is fat or gyne?

is it possible to loose gyne by working out ?

What is the contact information for Dr. Fielding.

Also any horror stories ?

Im 18 and in Burlington, i wanna get it done but dont wanna bring up the topic with my parents, i have $350 i just wanna know if i could get a consultation done without anybody knowing.. im done school next week im hoping to work for 3 months and then getting it done in August.

Is it possible to have the entire process done in august?

Can it come back?
will the doctor fielding be able to tell me if it will return?

ill never drink or do anything that will bring this back, i wanna loose weight and have started working out and lost 10 lbs but nothing changes in the chest area, and i am optimistic because of all the web sites claiming loosing weight wont work and it makes the whole process kind of depressing and well i loose the willpower to work out :(

i wanna be cured by 19 :D

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
Fielding, Dr. C.      
2425 Bloor St. West #401  Tel: (416) 766-8890

If you feel hard firm tissue behind the nipple, that tissue is the gland.  If you have gland you have "true gyne".  If you don't feel any of that hard tissue, and its all soft, you have "pseudo gyne" meaning that its just fat.  Most people with this problem have a combination of both gland and fat.

You cannot lose the gland by working out, but it is possible to lose the fat if you do enough dieting and cardio, but you'd have to drop your body fat % very low, to around 7-8%.  And thats very very difficult.

No horror stories from Dr. Fielding.  He is the best in Canada and one of the best in the world.  He also put the excision part of the surgery (cutting out the gland)through OHIP, and that is the part of the surgery that is the most expensive.  The only part you have to pay for is the liposuction of the fat.  His rates are $1070.00 CDN, for the whole procedure!  Initial consultation is free, as with any Plastic Surgeon.

Yes, you could have the consultation done without anyone knowing, you're there for probably 15 minutes.  I suggest you go as soon as possible for the intital consultation and then just tell them what surgery dates you are looking for, because a lot of Surgerons/Doctors go away in the summer on vacation, so there's no harm calling today and booking a consultation.  If you call today, you will get a consultation for probably the beginning of May, and when you are there, you can book your surgery as early as the beginning of June, but if you want August, just ask for August, they will give you the month you want no problem!

The entire process can be done in August, yes.  You would have to call now and tell the secretary what you are looking for, she is VERY helpful.  Tell her you would like your initial consultation in August, and your surgery in August, she will have no problems.  The actual surgery is done in a couple hours, you will be asleep for it tho.  If you don't want anyone to know about it (like me) then I can tell you how to take the Burlington Go Train and the Toronto TTC and subway how to get to the Hospital.  It is does at St. Joesph's.  You will need someone to drive you and pick you up, unless you take the Go-Train and TCC, so if you don't want anyone to know about the surgery, then you must do it this way  (unless you took a cab to toronto).  It's easy don't worry, this was the first time I've ever done it too.

You have to go to your family doctor to see if your hormones are normal.  If they are normal, the gyne WILL NOT come back.  If your hormones are not normal, your doctor will prescribe you medication to even them out, which could get rid of the gyne that way.  Anyway, you'll have to tell your family doctor about the problem so you can get yer hormones checked.  Just say "I've noticed my chest is getting big or fatty and it might have something to do with my hormones".  He'll know what to do.  You'll get a quick blood test and they'll call you in a couple days with the results...if you don't want anyone to know, tell them, you'll call them!  Don't worry, it's rare to have your hormones out of whack, I'm sure you're fine.

So recap...Call your family doctor, get your hormones checked...if they are okay, call Dr. Fielding and book everything for August.  You'll be cured by 19 no problem...keep us updated, good luck!

Offline brownman

• Gold Member

my nipples arnet enlarged or anything........ is there something i should feel ?

i bench press alot so i feel some hardness when i flex but when not flexed i dont feel anything hard or behind the nipple. i guess ill get my doctors opinion and my hormones cheked to be safe.

thanks for your help

plsz reply further if u can assist more :D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 03:55:38 PM by brownman »

Offline nope1

• Gold Member
Sounds like it's pseudo gyne then - just fat.

If you're overweight, it could very well just be fat.  But even if you're skinny, you can still have pseudo gyne.

If you don't feel anything hard, then I would say no there is no gland...but yea, see your doc....then see Fielding...Fielding will examine you to see if its gland or fat anyway - or a combo of both.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024