Author Topic: My Gynecomastia Story  (Read 5309 times)

Offline TravisFTN

It all started when I was about 12 years old. I had noticed that my chest was sort of bigger than the other kids. I was an overweight kid back in the day. I eventually grew out of being overweight though. I started working out more and lifting. I always worked out chest, trying to get rid of all the extra fat on my chest. I would never see any results though. I had always thought there was something wrong and some reason why I couldn't work this off. My parents had always said I'd grow out of it, but for 5 years I never did. I was always embarrassed to take my shirt off. Most of the time I would and just play it off like it didn't bother me. But it did. The worst part was "Bean Dips", all my friends and everyone I knew would always bean dip me. I knew that they weren't trying to be mean. But it was embarrassing when people did it.

I remember watching an episode of True Life on MTV and a guy on there was getting surgery to get rid of his "Man Boobs" or gynecomastia surgery. After I seen this I wanted the surgery right away, I was only 15 at the time though. And the price tag was pretty hefty too, $7,000. I knew that I was too young to go under the knife and just learned to deal with it.

About 3 months ago I did some research on the internet to see if there was anything I could do to get rid of this without surgery. Everything I read said that surgery was required if I'd ever want to get rid of gynecomastia. I talked to my parents about and they thought about it for a couple weeks. We came to an agreement that I'd pay payments to them for the surgery. I searched all over the internet for different doctors, and then I came upon Dr. Cruise. I liked the way his site was setup and how all his past patients had felt good about their experience with him. So I scheduled my consultation with him. After the consultation with Dr. Cruise I felt very comfortable with him being my surgeon. I was also happy to see that the procedure was only $5,000 compared to other doctors, at rates of almost $8,000.

We scheduled my surgery date. I kept it on the down low with all my friends and told them that I was having benign lumps removed. I was so excited to have the surgery, I had no worries at all! The day finally came where I had my surgery. Dr. Cruise and the nurses that were there helped me feel very comfortable before they put me under. Before I knew it I was awake and pretty out of it. The anesthesiologist was great, I didn't feel sick or groggy at all. I just hung out and took it easy for the next few days.

It has only been about a week since I've had the surgery. My chest is a lot smaller than it used to be and I'm still swollen. I have already noticed my self-esteem to be at an all time high! It makes me so happy to look in the mirror and have a flat chest. I can't wait to see how I'll look in these next couple of weeks. I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to have this surgery. I thank GOD, my parents, Dr. Cruise, and his staff so much for this! I know I am going to be the happiest 17 year old kid this summer!

Here's Dr. Cruise's website if you want to check it out:
http://www.orangecountycosmeticsurgery.com/

Offline Dave_8

• Gold Member
congrats dude. cant wait till i have that feeling as well.
If you have gyne, dont expect not be laughed at.

Just like if you walk into a locker room, you're gonna see some hairy asses and dicks.

Unfortunately for me, both have occured in my life way too many times.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024