Author Topic: Remove gland only?  (Read 5518 times)

Offline gynecomastia_sucks

• Posting Member
Hey I'm pretty new to this forum and all so im sorry if my question has been answered before. I live in Toronto I'm gonna be 18 in a few weeks and I heard that gynecomastia surgery is covered by ohip well the removal of the gland is and not the liposuction part is this true? and well i dont really have much money so i was wondering if it would be fine if i just got the gland removed and not get the lipo? I'm over weight but not like massively overweight so i figured if i could always go to the gym and burn off the fat would that work? or if i only remove the gland and not the fat would it give me inverted nipples? sorry for the all the questions im just really concerned and i've been too embarassed to talk about my gynecomastia until now.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Welcome to the boards dude!  :)

If you have surgery done in a hospital, then OHIP will pay for all except lipo. If you choose a PS that performs the procedure in a 'private clinic', then you will be paying for everything. Roughly about $6000. Could be a little less if you shop around a bit.

Dr. Fielding's lipo fee right now is approx $2000. A small price to pay to be G-free IMO...  ;)

As for 'not' getting the lipo, how big is your G? Can you post a few pics so we can get an idea of your condition. If you have 'any' chest fat at all, then it is advisable to get lipo done as well. Chest fat is very difficult to 'burn off'. In some cases, it's virtually impossible. I got down to 148 lbs, standing at 6 feet. I was very thin... everywhere except for my chest.

What you should do is to make a consultation appointment with Dr. Fielding. His consult fee is paid by OHIP also! Just go see him, let him have a look and discuss with him your concerns about not getting the lipo done... What have you got to loose?

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

• Posting Member
I really want to also get the lipo but my main problem is the money like if the gland is covered and i get it remove it'll get rid of the puffiness wouldnt it? like sure theres still gonna be fat but honestly i dont mind that much if i still got some fat on my chest its mostly my nipple that sticks out alot. so since the gland is covered can't i get it removed than after i'll lose weight since i am overweight right now and if there is still alot of fat on my chest i can get the lipo and since losing weight can take a few months to a year i can use that time to save up for the lipo if i need it because i dont really have money for it and my parents dont have the money either. i'm gonna try and put pictures up soon.

• Posting Member
Okay so I uploaded the pictures and here is the link please give me any help you can as i really want to get this fixed

http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k359/gynecomastia_sucks/

Offline Grandpa Bambu

When you call JCF's office, you will most likely talk to Leslie, the docs secretary. Tell Leslie that you would like to set up a consultation with Doc Fielding regarding Gynecomastia. Sure, it's tough making 'The Call'... but these people are professionals. They will not laugh at you dude. It's no big deal to them.

GB

• Posting Member
Oh ok thanks :) Just wondering did you look at the pictures i posted and if you did do you think i could just get the gland removed? cuz like wouldnt that fix the puffiness? cuz thats what bothers me the most if my chest has some fat i dont mind that much its just the puffy nipple that people notice when i wear a t-shirt and if i go to dr.fielding for it will he remove the gland only if i ask him too?

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
Oh ok thanks :) Just wondering did you look at the pictures i posted and if you did do you think i could just get the gland removed? cuz like wouldnt that fix the puffiness? cuz thats what bothers me the most if my chest has some fat i dont mind that much its just the puffy nipple that people notice when i wear a t-shirt and if i go to dr.fielding for it will he remove the gland only if i ask him too?

I'm no surgeon but I would tell you that your problem seems to be mostly gland and that excision might be enough to correct it. But only the surgeon will be able to confirm you that.

Good luck.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I'm no surgeon but I would tell you that your problem seems to be mostly gland and that excision might be enough to correct it. But only the surgeon will be able to confirm you that.

Good luck.

x2....

GB

• Posting Member
Thanks you so much  :)

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member
so if i were to get surgery just for the gland with dr fielding ohip would cover it?

bump

if Dr Fielding's gland removal isn't covered by OHIP can anyone recommend a doctor who is.

thanks
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 04:54:11 PM by monnom »
source of revelation, inspiration, nutrition, relaxation, entertainment, and healing

Offline monnom

• Bronze Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024