Author Topic: Dr. Fielding Surgery Questions  (Read 2688 times)

Offline 854clc

• Posting Member
My surgery with Fielding is very soon. I'm flying to Toronto from somewhere else in Canada.

I arrive on Tuesday at 8 pm, and my surgery is on Wednesday. I'll be leaving Toronto on Friday at 16:00.

I have a few questions.

I will have to back a bag with clothes. I will check out of the hotel I'm staying at on Wednesday morning (the morning of my surgery), and I'll go to the hospital. Where in the hospital can I store my belongings, including the bag?

After I've had the surgery, I understand that I can't do any heavy lifting. Will I be able to carry the bag with my belongings from the hospital, to the hotel, and to the airport. Will I be able to lift the bag? I think it will be over 10 pounds.

And what should I bring with me to the hospital? Does it cost money to rent a TV in the hospital? Is there wireless internet/ power ports? Should I bring my laptop (or will it add too much weight)?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Where in the hospital can I store my belongings, including the bag?

There are small storage lockers that hospital staff put the clothes that you are wearing in. They aren't big enough for a suitcase dude. If you are getting a hospital room, then get the room prior to surgery and leave your stuff in the room locker... Room lockers should be bigger than surgery lockers...  ;)

After I've had the surgery, I understand that I can't do any heavy lifting. Will I be able to carry the bag with my belongings from the hospital, to the hotel, and to the airport. Will I be able to lift the bag? I think it will be over 10 pounds.

You 'should' be able to handle a small bag with clothes etc...

And what should I bring with me to the hospital? Does it cost money to rent a TV in the hospital? Is there wireless internet/ power ports? Should I bring my laptop (or will it add too much weight)?

Yes, you have to pay for TV.

Internet access... I don't think so dude. There is no mention of it on the website.

Laptop's don't weigh very much... You should be okay with it... However, SJHC policy is 'no electronics'...

You'll need something to keep your mind busy while waiting for surgery. They sometimes make you wait a good 2-3 hours or more... Nice huh...  >:(

St. Joseph's Health Center - Preparing For Your Hospital Stay

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024