Author Topic: Dr. Lista Post Op  (Read 7875 times)

Offline Gynoblows

• Posting Member
Ok guys, not too many people posting recently with Dr. Lista....so here I go.  I had a lot of problems leading up to the surgery with my blood and I was jumping from Lista to Fielding.  In the end both could do it, but for timing to have rest over the holidays I went with Lista.  The cost was much more but having no nipple scars in my opinion was worth it.

Surgery Day
----------------
Went in a few hrs early, staff was very friendly...something about not being in a hospital was more re-assuring, I don't know why.  Dr. Lista's facility is state of the art, modern, super clean, and friendly atmosphere.  So I sit in a private room with my own tv to wait, first the nurse comes in with my post surgery medication already in a bag for me, I change into a gown, put my pj's on, and a toque to keep me warm lol....and watch some more tv after she explained the procedure.  From what i've heard from Fieldings surgeries you have alot of waiting, at least here you have a private room with tv.  Anyways, after a bit the anesthetist came in and explained the iv, etc...and left.  Then after a bit longer, Dr. Lista came in and asked if I was ready, and took some photos.  He explained to me that I should expect 80% improved results.  I would be happy with 50% results and no mangled moobs LOL.
So maybe an hour or so passes from time of getting into the private room....then I get walked to the surgery room, I lie on the table, get the iv in the hand (which surprisingly was the most pain I have felt this entire time).  I get some oxygen, and next thing I know i'm in the recovery room with 4 girls that just had boob implants.  I woke up with no problems, felt great, no pain what so ever.  The nurse came over, told me everything was ok, and after another 30 min I had some juice and crackers, and got dressed.  I asked if I had any drains, she said no, and that was it.....had my vest on, and went home.  That day, not even a sore feeling in my chest (still felt knumb but no pain)....I ate and drank whatever I wanted, and took my medication except the pain killers.  Dr. Lista himself calls me at night and said everything went welll and asked how I was doing (A nice touch that he called himself).  Went to bed fine.

Day 2 Post Op
-----------------
Woke up, zero pain....took some medication (Still no pain meds).  Was time to take a shower and see the results....so the vest came off, and the bandages...I took a deep breath and hoped for the best.  What I saw was great.....no more puffy nipple, no more protruding moobs.....scars were TIIIIINY, and not symmetrical, will have to see how they actually heal, but so far so good in that aspect.  I had barely any bruising, more from the tight ass vest than the actual procedure.  Few things i've noticed which i'm sure will heal with time is the loose skin from where the gyne and fat was taken out was very visible, and when I raise my arms the nipples retreat into the chest and it looks un-natural (for obvious reasons).  Anyways, I'm not worried about that as I know it takes time for the skin to contour back to the shape of my chest (I make a comparison to my puppy gettin his balls snipped....his sack after was just hangin there looking weird with no balls in them...then after a bit they shrunk back and barely seen now)....yes crude example but an example nonetheless hahah.  The vest is not as bad as people say....I play hockey with underarmour weekly so i'm used to that feeling....so its no biggie.  

Day 3 Post Op
------------------
Woke up, took anti-biotic meds, haven't touched my pain meds once......feel great....its 10am and I thought i'd write another blurb for the guys sitting on the fench about getting the surgery....as I know all the guys that went with Lista as well as Fielding helped me alot in my decision...so thanks guys!  
I literally would be happy with 50% improvement with no weird nipple creasings and/or mangled chest......so far with a shirt on, 100% improvement.....and I know it will take time before the loose skin shrinks back and i'm sure either scar tissue or something else will fill out where the nipples are a bit indented.
And for the people who are getting scared from what I mean about loose skin and recessed nipples....its just an observation from a picky person, its not very noticable to someone who doesn't know its there......I will keep truckin and will post more blurbs as I heal.....my pre-op pics are posted somewhere else before, I will get post op ones a bit down the road.....

Offline Gynoblows

• Posting Member
Day 7 Post-Op
--------------------

Went in for my follow up appt.  Dr. Lista didn't see me, the nurse who prep'd me on surgery day did it.  Said the results were amazing.  Told me about the arnica gel and the massaging.  Was in and out in 10 min.  Still no pain or pain meds, last couple pills left from anti-biotic and I guess those little arnica pills last about 15 days. 

Oh she took my stitches out too....so I get home, shower, and start to massage the chest (without gel - didn't get it yet)....found that right under the nipple when I press I get a sharp pain, in both nipples, don't know if you guys have found that too during recovery? 

That's about it, 5 more weeks of the annoying vest then I can shed it and start back to my workout routine....lightly at first of course.   Next follow up with Dr. Lista is 3 weeks, until then I keep on truckin!!!

Again, guys on the fence......go for it seriously....well sorry I shouldn't speak really until after 3 months......

Offline Gynoblows

• Posting Member
Two weeks Post Op
-----------------------------

Vest is getting to be a real pain in the ass....no pain, feels great, but I can def see some swelling that wasn't as present the first week after surgery.  Almost looks like at this point there wasn't that much of a change from before surgery.  I know this is common in healing, but its a little discouraging.  I can feel a bit of scar tissue under the nipples, but when I massage it with Arnica it feels like its kept down.  Almost done the Arnica pills, and I guess its now a waiting game for the swelling to hopefully go down sooner than later......will post again at one month mark after seeing Dr. Lista.

Offline Gynoblows

• Posting Member
One month Post-Op
--------------------------------

Things are moving along, still wearing vest obviously.  scabs have fallen off and now just the two small pink scars.  Going to buy Cica care silicone tape from Shoppers Home Health Care.....Dr. Lista's office recommended Mephiform as they sell it in their office but the office is too far for me and i've read good reviews about both products.  I've been given the green light to play sports and work out as i'm at the one month mark, played hockey already and it was fine, kept the vest on, no pain.  Monday i'll start back training 4-5 days a week.  Other than that I can def notice that my chest is smaller, and when you do the lean test (I know you all know what I mean) its substantially less than before.  The swelling and scar tissue makes the contour look about the same as before surgery, but the mass of it is def less. 

I'm still massaging and using the arnica gel twice daily....that's about it, hoping to see some swelling go down in the coming weeks....

Offline dondante

• Gold Member
Great updates, man. They will be a great resource to anyone considering going with Dr. Lista. Don't forget to be patient, it took good 8 months for my scar tissue to dissipate. Congrats!

Offline frozen_mercury

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I am currently begin my journey and am in the process of selecting a surgeon. Dr. Lista is a possibility. Can an estimate be known for this surgery with him..?

Thanks

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
You should expect approx $6000 (CAD) for G surgery with Doc Lista...

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Gynoblows

• Posting Member
Hmmm I had a PM from a person asking some questions about my recover, so i'd thought i'd log on and give a 8 month post op note:

Overall i'm satisfied, about what Dr. Lista would say, 80%.  Walking around with a tighter t-shirt is no longer an issue (which I think is/was the biggest concern to most of us).

Puffyness is gone in the nipples, however in its place is a bit of indent/saggyness from where the gyne was.  8 months and hasn't tightened up, so not sure if it ever will.  And mine wasn't a bad case, so I can only imagine what it would be if it was. 

I used to tweak my nipples before taking off my shirt and they looked "normal", bummed that I still do it, maybe somewhat a mental thing, but def the "lean" test is miles better, nothing sagging or jiggling.....when I flex now it looks way better....so like I said i'm glad I went through with it, but don't expect the results you love to death when you take the vest off for the first time to be even close to the final result.....

As for scarring, after about 5-6 months the scars fade to almost nothing.  Specially after a good tanning and peeling, seems like everything blended.

GL to all of you

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
do you have any pictures of your results? and did you get both gland removal and lipo? because im getting a gland removal from fielding and i only have puffy nipples. you saying that you have a bit of saggyness or the contour of your chest is a bit off scares me.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024