Author Topic: under 18  (Read 2304 times)

Offline ahmedballz

• Posting Member
I don't know if this is a dumb question, but i', 17 and i heard that if you're under 18 you can have the surgery completely covered. BTW i'm an Ontario resident and i know that you can have the excision covered if its done in a hospital, but i was wondering if lipo is covered aswell if you're under 18. I'm wondering because i only heard this recently and my 18th birthday is coming up soon, sept 11.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this is a dumb question.

Offline james1234

Umm.. of course not....

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I was wondering if lipo is covered aswell if you're under 18. I'm wondering because i only heard this recently and my 18th birthday is coming up soon, sept 11.

Thanks for any help, and sorry if this is a dumb question.

Dude... the only 'Dumb' question, is the one that is not asked!  ;)

I haven't heard anything to that effect my man. AFAIK, the only way to get the entire procedure covered is if you make a claim on your private health insurance. However, most insurance companies do not cover Liposuction. They deem it to be a 'cosmetic' procedure and thus, deny coverage...

In a select few cases the entire procedure was covered by private insurance, but you have to go through a very lengthy application procedure and you have to prove medical necessity. In one case a few years ago in the US, a young man, with the help of his father, took their insurance company to court and won... However, I'm sure is was a long drawn out battle under the scrutiny of the public eye...   :o

You should give Doc Fielding's office a call. The number is in my sig at the bottom of my posts... Ask JCF's secretary (Leslie), if those who are <18, qualify to have the entire procedure done at no cost to the patient... Who knows, it's quite possible that OHIP does in fact, fully cover minors. Can't hurt to ask!  ;)

Best of luck!

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024