Author Topic: Surgeons in Ottawa, Canada  (Read 4298 times)

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Hey everyone, this is my first post here and wanted to know if any of you had heard about Dr. Stanley Labow in Ottawa.  I went to see my doctor a few days ago to speak to him about my gynecomastia, which he confirmed it was it and they called back today and set up an appointment with this doctor.  
I have done some research online and have found absolutely nothing on this guy.  I know of Dr. Van Wyck and Dr. Silverman, what do you guys think about them and have any of you ever heard of Dr. Labow?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 05:43:32 PM by Achilles »

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I jst realized that I posted this in the surgery section, if you guys think I'll get more responses in the "Talk" forum you can move it.

Thanks

Offline FB

• Silver Member
Either Dr. Van Wyck and Dr. Silverman are good from what I hear - Silverman did a reduction on my Wife and did a great job !
You'll pay though.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I take it that you, or no one else on here has heard of Dr. Labow... anywyas I just booked an appointment with Dr. Silverman and I'll go from there.

Offline FB

• Silver Member
sorry...never heard of him.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I got a consultation with Silverman, and it's not until the 26th of August!  I'm wondering how booked he is for surgeries now.  I was hoping of doing it in mid-august before classes started again but now I'm thinking I may have to look into the end of exams/christmas period.  It's something  kind of want covered from people so winter time may be the best time to do it as everyone is always wearing layers of clothing.  We'll see I guess.

Anyone had any experiences with Van Wyck?  I don't know if I should book an appointment with him as well (I don't want to get confused with which PS to do the surgery with) or if I should just go see Dr. Labow (recommended by my family doctors' office) and Silverman.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Since no one has heard of Dr. Labow, can anyone tell me about their gynecomastia experiences with Dr. Silverman or Dr. Van Wyck?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 03:27:35 PM by Achilles »

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
FB, do you know if Silverman's procedure would be covered by OHIP?  He operates in hospitals and at his private clinic, so I'm thinking that if the procedure is done in a hospital, some of the costs could be covered??  Thanks

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I got a reply from Dr. Silverman's office and they said that he does not do the surgery, which is done in hospital, for OHIP.  Has anyone else heard of anything like this, I didn't know that you could choose to do it for OHIP or not. I'm lost.  

I think I'll book an appt. with Fielding too, 'cause it would cost much less all-together going to T.O. and back with hotel and paying for the lipo (seeing that the rest is covered).

This sucks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024