Author Topic: Going to get surgery with Dr. Fielding in October  (Read 7524 times)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Hi guys, I don't want to get into too much detail as to specifics, but in October I am getting the surgery with Dr. Fielding.  My biggest concern is more the nipples instead of the pecks, but both have bothered me for years.  I don't have any pre-op pictures, but I for sure will get some taken.  If i could go my whole life with hard nipples I think I would be set, but soft puffy nipples with mediocre pecks (no matter how hard you work out) has effected activities, swimming, and the clothes I wear.  I have been wanting this for years, and now with the help of Dr. Fielding, and me having a better job, I am getting this done.  Super pumped guys, and I am looking forward to it.  From what I read it will be the best $2000 (give or take) that I will spend.  For those that have had it done, tell me how it went and how you feel after the surgery/swelling goes down

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
how long do you have to wait after booking a surgery? i too am planning to get mine done from fielding after having a consultation from him.

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Usually takes about 1.5-2 months to book a surgery with fielding.

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
hmmmmmm, I am not sure of the time to booking. I do know that about 1 month after first consultation I called them and told them I wanted to get the surgery done in October and they gave me some dates to choose from.  Otherwis I am not sure.  A tad more expensive then what other people have paid for the same surgery with him, but still a tonne cheaper than other surgeons, so no complaints here.

Can anybody give some input into it all that has done the surgery?  I can see staying in the hospital first night to be sure all is well, but why do you go into the office the second day?

Offline BoneBleached

• Posting Member
  • Even Fools Are Right Sometimes.
Wow $2000? I've never even heard of a surgeon doing it that cheap, congratulations.
Tired of being that one link that just cant break

Offline alphajc

• Posting Member
It's that cheap because Canadians get gland excision and anesthesia fully covered by the govt health plan.  The surgery fee just covers liposuction out of pocket. Americans aren't so fortunate here.

Offline BoneBleached

• Posting Member
  • Even Fools Are Right Sometimes.
Yea I hear that, I'm in the military and they won't cover it as far as I know, I will say I am grateful that they paid for my daughter though I can't imagine how much that would have cost, she was in the NICU for 3 weeks after birth and got a laprascopic surgery, the surgery alone I think is around $150,000.

Offline Idlewild

• Posting Member
Does it cost $2000 only because some of it is covered by OHIP? Does that coverage only extend to ontarians? I'm from montreal and I might be going to fielding because of his price, but I would reconsider if it becomes much more expensive...

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
Every case is different, Fielding is known to charge between 2400 and 3200 (most reasonably-priced for an experienced surgeon in Canada for sure) total for people going there from Quebec.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Does it cost $2000 only because some of it is covered by OHIP? Does that coverage only extend to ontarians? I'm from montreal and I might be going to fielding because of his price, but I would reconsider if it becomes much more expensive...

The fee that JCF charges you is for the lipo portion of the procedure... The rest is covered by provincial health care. QC excluded....

There is no Gynecomastic provincial heath care coverage for QC residents... QC residents pay full price OOP. Usually between 4-6 G's... Sorry dude...   :-\

I paid $1280 back in OH5. However, considering how my psychological well being has improved, I'd pay 6G's in a heartbeat...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline gyneco_1001

• Bronze Member
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12035.msg85329#msg85329

Someone from Mtl that got it done for 2675 in 2007, I doubt the price range went up to where GB mentioned... this guy also had a mild to severe case... best thing to do would be to go for a consultation with him rather than guess because his prices seem a little inconsistent.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=51.msg59944#msg59944

Here's another Montrealer that paid $2400 in 2007.

And then again, here's someone that was quoted a price of 3750 over the phone:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19942.msg139571#msg139571

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
i booked my surgery its about 3 weeks away and im starting to get nervous. im paying under 1500$ out of pocket for gland removal from dr fielding. i will be awake for the procedure so i wont have hospital fees. let me know how it goes for you darkmenace!

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Ya, an update.  It will be $2800 after taxes.  Still not the end of the world $ for potentially ending this annoying-ness.  Getting kind of pumped.  Unfortunately I have more hoops to jump through then the rest of you because of my more unique health coverage (I dont have provincial coverage as I am a canadian gov employee)

Offline Darth Menace

• Bronze Member
Lamp-I see your sugery is a few weeks before mine.  We have the same surgeon.  Keep me posted how it goes

Offline lamp

• Bronze Member
yeah for sure darthmenace. i actually have a thread in the canada section titled "dr fielding"

i cant wait !@!@!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024