Author Topic: Second hematoma after revision surgery- help  (Read 2598 times)

Offline bigjay35

So I had gyno surgery back in November with Fielding and everything went smoothly.  Over the past 2 months I developed a new lump in my left side which was quite noticeable.  Fielding was great- removed it no problem about 3 days after I met with him.  By the time I got home from the surgery my chest had swollen to the size of half a tennis ball.  A trip to emerg confirmed it was a hematoma but they wouldn't touch it because they aren't surgeons.  I went back in to St Joe's yesterday and had it drained- very uncomfortable to go through that.  Fielding was away so another surgeon did it.

That should have relieved the swelling, but by the time I got home (2 hours later) I had bled through my shirt and the swelling was back.  This was yesterday.  Today I changed the dressing as the stuff from yesterday was hard as a rock and black with blood.  The chest looks the same if not worse than it did before the draining.

I really don't want to have to go through that again as I'm black and blue and it's not a pleasant experience. 

Any suggestions?  Has this happened to anyone?  Should I have it redrained?  Will it heal alright or is there a risk of deformity?  This was supposed to be minor compared to the original lipo and gland removal and it's turning out to be a nightmare.

jogndoe

I'd at least call, if not go back

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024