Author Topic: 2 months post-op, butchered or slow healing ? ( with pictures )  (Read 7585 times)

Offline Zack

• Posting Member
I'm almost 2 months post surgery.

One side ( left one ) still looks very puffy, and I cam feel a big lump in the upper region of the areola.

The other, well, I have a huge, deforming scar right under were the surgeon cut, deforming my nipple.

I don't really mind the right one, I'm way more concerned about the left one. Is there a chance for this to turn better ?

I should had both of my nipples were much more flat 1 week after the surgery. I'm 2 months in now and it looks worse than right after the surgery.

I had both gland incision and lipo.

Also, the doctor told me that my left size was much bigger, so he had to remove more, but 2 months post op and it still look much more bigger than the right one!

This cost me all my money and I cannot afford a revision.
Is this a butchered job or i'm just a slow healer ?

This is so stressful.

Offline Zack

• Posting Member
Another pic. Here you can see a bit of the puffyness. It can be much worse than this.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:40:47 PM by Zack »

Offline cduub

• Silver Member
Im going through the same thing,but honestly 2 months is way to early plus from what I see it looks like scar tissue. I'm 5 months post op and my scar tissue is just getting softer after 5MONTHS!!!! its still hasnt dissolved either. Your way to early in the process,the way it looked the first week is the way it will look when it heals. I have my nervous breakdowns but I can honestly say that its sloooooooowly going down and im 5 months post op. Not as much as I would like but I guess we have to be more patient,ive been on blogs from females having breast reduction or implants and most of them werent healed till 7to8months post op.

Offline Zack

• Posting Member
Thank you very much. It's absolutely stupid how stressful this is. I had waited my whole life for this surgery, and yet i'm still too ashamed to take my shirt off in public.

How can one tell if it's still gynecomastia or scar tissue ? As far as I'm concerned, It may just be gland the surgeon forgot to remove.

Offline greatlakes

• Silver Member
Three months here, and I am not yet where I need to be - but better than pre-op of course. I am lopsided as well. AT 8 weeks the doctor himself was puzzled and not happy either with the results (he kind of blamed my body instead of his work).  I go back in a few weeks for my 4 month checkup, then again at 6 months for a final evaluation by my surgeon.  I am withholding judgement until then as well, as there are stories here of guys who are slow healers and taking up to a year to get full results. I envy the guys who get great results in 3 weeks.

Offline fnnewguy

• Silver Member

Offline Zack

• Posting Member
But how can you be sure it's scar tissue ? This could very well be left over gland and I just got ripped off by my surgeon...

I don't see how this could change that much, how bad scar tissue can make you nipples pop out ?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
While it is the extreme, we have heard from men who related that their final outcome was not realized until almost two years.

How quickly and how well we heal is a very individual thing and the surgeon has no control over this. While it seems illogical, fast healing may actually not be a good thing as it generates more scar tissue which takes longer to resolve.

There are injections that can help break down the scar tissue and massage can be of help in some cases.

Contact your surgeon, A happy patient is their best advertising so they want you to be well satisfied. Often many of the postoperative problems resolve without treatment in time.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Zack

• Posting Member
I understand that if this is scar tissue, It's not really a problem. It's the idea that this may be residual gynecomastia that scares me the most.

The lump I have feel exactly the same as my gyne did before the surgery. Also, my left side looks exactly like before op, only a little smaller due to lipo.

I cannot contact my surgeon for the summer since the office is closed until September. I can only worry and pray this will go away and that I did not waste all my money on this.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by simply being patient.

Time is your ally.

Offline sumsan

• Posting Member
Hey Zack when did u had ur Surgery done date as I had it done on 27th April am also exact 2 months post opt recovery phase same as u on left side slightly puffy, right side flat.

On left side a very small scar tissue under the areola. but over all look is far better then pre opt.

I met my P.S. last week he told me to wait and watch for final result 6 months minimum.
and to do my workout on regular basis and hav massage.

And to be honest i am still wearing the Compressin Vest 24*7 as its helping me in recovery.

All i can say is be Optimistic and give some more time to it.

Offline Zack

• Posting Member

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Hi Zack,

I'm 3 1/2 weeks after surgery and my nipples are still somewhat sticking out, but just the nipples, and the aureolas are flat. I had excision and lipo as well. To me, your pictures look fine but it's hard to tell.

It could be slow healing and maybe you're still swelling? I have some slight bruising that showed up on my top pecs that wasn't there immediately after surgery, while the ones that were there are fading but still noticeable. So are bodies are going through lots of changes that are hard to predict one way or the other.

I know it's hard but try and not obsess to much about it right now because I don't think you can do anything at this moment. You still have to wait until 6-months have passed to even get a revision surgery -- which is what a qualified plastic surgeon will tell you.

If there is a keloid scar, which is a raised scar along the incision site, there something called "kenalog" injections that I've read about on this site that helps flatten the scars.

I'm surprised that your doctor didn't give you another surgeon or doctor to contact in case you have concerns since they'l be closed until September!

Keep us posted, though.

Offline Zack

• Posting Member
It really looks like it's getting worse and worse.

God, yesteday, mu nipples was puffy just like pre op. I had never seen it so puffy for the past 2 months.

Also feels like there is nothing behind the nipples except somekind of lumps. I Cannot believe this little lumps could cause so much puffyness.

So weird, god I hope this go away.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Did you post this concern in the "ask a doctor" section? Maybe they can give better advice.

It could also be a seroma, which is fluid that gets trapped under the skin, I've never seen one but that can happen after surgery.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024