Author Topic: Am I Butchered  (Read 3219 times)

Offline mechhitman

• Posting Member
Had my surgery on 22/Oct....Ive been wearing the compression garment for 4 weeks 24/7 except during bath, later on I wear it only for 12hrs a day, cos its too hard to breathe wearing it....My chest has drastically reduced, I feel gud in a tight t-shirt, but not so good without one...

Take a look at the pic and pls advice....I am basically a 1 month post op....comment pls...anything can be done??

Offline mechhitman

• Posting Member

Left Nip:

Right Nip:

Offline mechhitman

• Posting Member
In the above pics i took the foto tightening my chest, heres another pic.

My nips were huge and puffy nearly the size of an oreo....IE preop ... and the doctor suggested I massage my chest which i havent been doing often...does massaging work...???

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
Massage could perhaps help release some of the adherance you have when flexing. You are still early in your healing! I can see your problem and there is not that much you can do for at least 6 months. Give it time!
If you still have the same problems in 6 months consider travel for doctors like Dr Jacobs, Pope or Delgado.

hammer

Healing takes time! Each person heals at their on speed. As the last poster said, give it six month at least to see how you look.

I know that you would like to see change right away, but it does take time for your body to recover for what it has gone through, and time does heal! Good luck.

Offline mechhitman

• Posting Member
Thanks Hammer and Viking75, I feel a bit relieved , the doctor said the same thing, to keep massaging and try some basic exercises  ??? , I am due to meet him this monday.

Btw...does massaging the chest really help post op.....some one pls reply...

Offline Viking75

• Bronze Member
Massage will help to break down scar tissue that builds up after surgery! I belieive that part of your proplem is due to scar tissue.

You probably have questions if too much tissue was removed! It is to early to say! you are still in a period when swelling has important impact of your result.

hammer

I have not had this type of surgery, however I have read that several have post that it is very important to do the massage, so I would say to go for it! I know that scare tissue does form around any kind surgery (lord knows I have had my share) and can cause trouble, so I would say you would be best to do so!

Offline gemidude

• Bronze Member
wish my chest was that flat, how is it looking now?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024