Author Topic: Is this fat or Gynecomastia? Pictures involved!  (Read 5489 times)

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
Hi i am 17 years old 1.80-83 meters tall in height and 90 kilograms. Is this fat or gynecomastia or is this fat? Can i actually lose these by exercise? Doctor said it will disappear but he said he doesnt know when it will, maybe 20-25 and why would i wait till that age when i am already under huge depression and stressed the hell out?

Question 1: Is this Gyno Or Fat?
Question 2: What is the case Severe? Mild etc
Question 3: Can i lose it by Exercise?
Question 4: Can i get them removed by surgery under LOCAL ANASTHESIA only?

Regards!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
For our purposes here, any surplus of tissue on a male chest in the breast area is Gynecomasria. The distinction between what some call true Gynecomastia (Glandular growth) and Pseudo Gynecomastia (Fat only) simply does not make any sense.

The reasoning is very simple. The treatment for each is the same: Surgery is used to reduce the area and refine the contours. Ultimately, the usual result is that both fatty and glandular tissue are present though the ratio varies.

So, you have found the right place, Welcome. Surgery is not the only answer, some of us, myself included, simply live with the condition.

Even if you are looking ahead to surgery, you may be interested in hints as to how to minimize the appearance of the condition. No matter, help with that is here too.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Jake7676

• Bronze Member
In this case my one is ore gynecomatia? Glandular tissue am guessing? Obviously I seem to have a combination of fatty tissue, however would you think I can get rid of gynecomastia with excersice and diet?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The common myth is that fatty tissue is soft while glandular tissue is more firm. This may be the most common finding, but even some very good skilled surgeons have been misled by this supposition on a physical examination. The only way to know for certain how much there is of fat vs glandular tissue would be to see what is left on the mayo stand when the procedure is completed.

As I said before, we make no such distinction here as a matter of choice because such suppositions are too often wrong.

Offline gemidude

• Bronze Member
you definitely have gynecomastia. weight loss will not help you. you are already in athletic shape.

Offline gyno_ARRGH_awful

• Posting Member
I have exactly the same body.
Mine is psuedo-gyno....
looks like yers is too

Offline gyno_ARRGH_awful

• Posting Member
i repent. looks more realthan psuedo after a beter eduction.....
thx

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Consider that last year in the USA there were approximately 2,000,000 new gyne cases as there are every year.  Last year reporting, 2011, had the most surgery ever, 5500 approximately, very similar to male breast cancer onset.  1% of gynecomastia incidence would be 20,000 surgeries.

Offline LWS

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024