Author Topic: Gynecomastia reduction surgery with Dr Lista -August 2013  (Read 7896 times)

Offline sirgyno

• Posting Member
Hello fellow readers,

I am writing to you from my bedside, 9 hours after my surgery. Throughout the next few weeks and months, I will be documenting my experience with Dr Lista. I hope my online diary will help others that are on this forum, as the stories that I have read before my surgey have greatly helped me with my overall experience. To tell you more about myself, I am in my 20's, normal weight, with mild gynecomastia. i also have slightly puffy nipples due to my gynecomastia, which I hope will diminish... Just to give you an idea when I asked Dr Lista about the stage of my gynecomastia, and he said it was just "average"... Lol. You can refer to the attached photos for a better idea.

Today is day one, and I still don't have any pictures (bandages). I will be going to remove them tomorrow and will show you guys the results. Otherwise, the surgery went well. The entire medical team is wonderful, as other posters have mentionned. Each medical professional came into the preop room and took their time to check me up. They were all very welcoming and easy going. My time with Dr Lista was short, but satisfactory. Once on the operating table, they gave me the anesthetic agent, i.v. propofol, and I was out in a few seconds. Next thing I new I was awake in the recovery room. I was doing very well, just a little drowsy, like taking a sleeping pill. The effects fade quite quickly. I had no pain, just the pressure from the garment and bandages. The garment is quite tight and annoying on the sides under the armpits. I hope once the bandages are removed I wont feel so much like a wrapped up mummy, because my range of motion is not great right now. They have prescribed bedrest for 24 hours, although I feel good enough to walk around, I will listen to my doc and just take it easy. That is all for today, I will get back at you guys with more news tomorrow after I remove my bandages. Can't wait to see what the results look like, even though I know that the final results won't look anything close to them. Still curious though!!! :-)
Cheers!

Here is more information about the procedure performed by Dr Lista. The info that I am providing comes from a research article written by Dr Lista about his procedure, containing surgical methods and result statistics. I highly suggest anyone thinking of getting this surgery to read this document. It contains a lot of useful information. Just google : Power-assisted liposuction and the pull-through technique for the treatment of gynecomastia. I'm not sure if there is a free version of the full article avaible, but it is worth the money (not too expensive) if you want to know the surgical details. I think this is a good time to tell you that I am not being paid by Dr Lista to tell u this stuff!! Just sharing my experience with you to try and help others like me.

Just to debunk some myths, Dr Lista DOES remove grandular breast tissue (he does not only perform liposuction. The difference with Dr Fielding (who uses an inscision under the nipple to remove breast tissue) is that that Lista only makes an inscision under the armpit (anterior axillary line) . He uses specialized surgical instruments to break apart breast tissue (via the anterior axillary inscision) and he uses the "pull-through" technique to extract breast tissue out of the anterior axillary inscision. This kind of technique has been shown to avoid unwanted scarring around the nipples and has been shown to improve surgery recovery time. Dr Lista also performs minor liposuction to reshape the new contour of the chest, following breast tissue extraction.

To know more about this procedure and the result statistics, you should read the article!

Write back to you soon!

Sirgyno
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:27:20 PM by sirgyno »

Offline sirgyno

• Posting Member
Post-op day 2
-------------

Here are my 48h post-op photos. To my surprise, I am flat as a board! I apologize for not having any before pics. Will try to get a hold of them from Lista next time I see him. Just to give you an idea, my gyne was not very severe, just enough to be bothersome. I have no dark bruising, just some yellowish shades on my skin. Keep in mind that the dark circles around my nipples are the stains from the surgical pen. Minor swelling for the moment. Hope it stays that way... although I know that the swelling might settle in later on...

My biggest challenge so far is the psychological part... I am all by myself because my caregiver had to leave after the 24 period (we are not from the GTA). So basically, I am stuck by myself at the hotel... and I must say... it feels a bit scary. Don't really have anyone to talk to either because I want to be very discrete about this surgery... time is passing very slowly. Counting down the days before my 5 day follow-up. (yup Lista does 5 day follow ups if you are from out of town)

What do you guys think about the pics?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:29:47 PM by sirgyno »

Offline sirgyno

• Posting Member
Another issue... I'm concerned that the vest might be too tight. I find it is very difficult to breath in it. I had to unzip my vest twice today just to take a deep breath. Is this something I will get used to? Or is it possible that I might need a larger size?

Offline gynoboy88

• Posting Member
Another issue... I'm concerned that the vest might be too tight. I find it is very difficult to breath in it. I had to unzip my vest twice today just to take a deep breath. Is this something I will get used to? Or is it possible that I might need a larger size?

It's possible but I really doubt they'd give you the wrong size.  It takes some getting used to - I hated the vest for the first 2 weeks, it was just tight, hot, uncomfortable and awful. But then I was so used to it that I didn't even notice it for the next 2 weeks after that. It will stretch over time (even with the washing).

He let me take it off after a month, but every case is different and it's generally 6 weeks.  FYI - I'm one month post-op with Lista and feeling 100% normal and great.  Let me know if you have any q's.

Offline sirgyno

• Posting Member
Thanks for that info gynoboy88.

Here is my 7 DAYS POST OPs:
--------------

As you may see from the photos, my surgery went really well. I have minimal bruising and swelling. I don't feel too much fibrous inflammatory tissue yet, but I guess this is supposed to develop over time... There is some soreness, but nothing to worry about. The most annoying thing, which seems to be bugging everyone is this stupid VEST! Can't wait to get rid of it and start living my gyne free life. Hopefully I will be able to remove the vest earlier than 6 weeks, like gyneboy88!!!

I still feel like I am fatigued more easily. Did you guys still feel this at the one week mark?

I feel like things still are not definative... with the healing process, I think my chest might evolve. I hope that the final results will be similar to what I have now (or better). Hopefully won't get any deformations after the healing... What do you guys think, for those who did get some issues such as too much fibrous tissue, swelling or deformations, when did these start to appear? Am I more or less in the clear after 7 days post-op if I haven't developed any of these issues?

S.

Offline gunit101

• Posting Member
awesome man, chest looks great icant wait for my surgery that i booked in december. I read alot about the vest being uncomfortable and hot, might just work out for me having it booked for december

Did you have to pay for the vest seperate or was it included?

I had a consultation with Lista before i chose Feilding. Lista Told me 6gz i was like this is obsurd!! Dont get me wrong hes a great doctor i know and hes a private clinic but 6gz?

THe procedure is becoming more popular these days. By the looks of the old forum posts the prices have gone up quite a bit

Offline sirgyno

• Posting Member
Hey thanks man. Results are looking better each day as the swelling and bruising fade away. I am finding some lumps of fibrous tissue when I massage, but this is expected. My left chest has a deformity when I flex or raise my arm very high, but I'm not too worried about it. It looks fine when I'm not flexing, and it's not like i'm gonna be walking around flexing all day either... lol... Hopefully it will even out as the swelling/fibrous tissue subsides. But even if it didn't I think I am still quite happy with the way everything looks now.

The vest was included in the 6Gs! lol

And I agree, 6 Gs is quite a lot of cash, but I guess I felt more comfortable with Dr Lista's method. Although Lista and Fielding are both equally qualified. There was the question of timing for me as well because of the long waiting period with Fielding... so if I didn't get it done this summer, I had to wait until next year.

Don't hesitate if you have any other questions about the surgery, post-op, etc.

Offline sirgyno

• Posting Member
Here are my 3 week POST-OP photos!
(dunno why my pics are coming out upside down... sorry bout that)

Not much has changed other than less bruising and scabs coming off. My right incision scar is kinda annoying because it isn't healing as well... but not too worried since silicone scar therapy will probably help with that once I begin with that. I don't expect it to completely disappear, but hey, I'm not complaining, my moobs are gone, a tiny scar on my side is not gonna bother me.

I def have scar tissue on both sides which I am massaging religiously everyday.

QUESTION: anybody know if I could use a stage 2 vest at this point, that is, a vest without those annoying hooks and zipper?? I have full mobility (nothing to worry about other than minor soreness and minor swelling), so I am wondering if I could wear those UnderArmour type vests instead of this annoying zip-up... I find it is so hard to conceal with a normal T-Shirt, the zipper and straps always protrude out of the shirt ... I will also ask Lista once I get the chance but I wanted to hear from you guys too. Here is an example of what I am talking about (remove space after http) :

http: //showcase.designveronique.com/designveronique/index.php/shop/postsurgical/men-1/non-zippered-compression-tank-top.html?c=DR110

Offline killbill

• Posting Member
Not sure if you're still on this site, but I'm curious how you feel about your surgery 2 years later.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024