Author Topic: why the hell is surgery only covered  (Read 3194 times)

Offline jason_w

• Bronze Member
in ontario

if you're under 18?

i had this when i was under 18 and the dumbass doctor told me to wait, and wait, it might go away

they only tell you this so you have to pay later on, im sure of it, it rarely ever goes away, so i've read

this is riduclous, only covered if under 18

doctors tell you to wait to get it removed, until you're 19 or 20.

seems legit

so stupid this stupid ass procedure should be covered it makes me want to die

i can't believe its not covered, living with breasts your whole life isn't something a guy should have to go through

i can't even wear my work shirt because it sticks through

i think im totally fucked now and need to quit my job

its like

do i pay for surgery

or go to school.. what a decision

so stupid.

i wish everyone would help eachother, i hate how this world is ruled by one thing, MONEY

who cares if somebody is so emotionally ruined by something in their physical appearance that it makes them want to die

they need to pay 5grand to fix it, or be made fun of forever.

sorry my rant for the day.

what actually sucks is i like my body for the most part, just not gyno

im pretty jacked/fit and having to wear baggy shirts to tried to hide one part of my body is so ridiculus when i like the rest

besides that, the only thing that helps is if i tape my nipples down with duct tape, but the tape doesnt last long

it makes it look completely normal if i push my nipples down or tape them down my chest a bit

i don't even care if i can't go shirtless, i just want it to be hidden and not ahve to wear large baggy shirts.

im literally about to get a knife and try the procedure myself

worse thing that can happen is i cut my nipple off and they will be like forced to take the shit under it out when i go to the hospital

and i think thats better than living with this anymore.

this shit is so frustrating.

what ticks me off and i'll probably be banned for saying it is

THAT DOCTORS ARE MAKING GOOD MONEY FROM OUR EMOTIONAL PAIN

just like this forum, honestly, doctors could care less about us

one doctor in ontario wanted to charge 7 grand for it

it's an hour fucking procedure, 7000 dollars?

im pretty sure this forum was actually made to promote doctors like it does on the side, to just make money off us.

its so sad. making money off ones emotional pain

now i need to stop paying off my schooling, and start paying to get my breasts removed since i don't even want to leave my house with this shit anymore,

and thats if i don't quit my job, we have to wear store shirts

and seeing as i weigh quite a bit (im low bf, i work out lots)

it'll always stick out, because my chest sticks out. lovely

- doctor tells me to wait till im over 18

now i need to pay for it.. great.

honestly, 5000 dollars a procedure that can be done in an hour, after the doctor in toronto told me its a simple procedure and he does over 4 of them in a day got me wondering

20,000 dollars in one friggen day

i'm sure the doctor would make at least 5000 dollars from that 20,000 in a day

and what pisses me off even more is, its from puberty, like its normal, a lot of guys get it

and thats why doctors are charging so much

they are basically saying

"LIVE WITH YOUR breasts OR PUT 4 GRAND IN MY POCKET"

making money off ones emotional pain, is ridiculous, when doctors can't even promise that it'll look completely normal afterwards.

i can't even imagine paying 5 grand for it to come back/ not look completely normal.

and the doctor that tried to charge 6500

told me "yeah it might not look completely good but it'll look better, it depends on your expectations and how you feel about your body"

its pretty much saying, give me 5 grand and i'll try to cut this out of your chest. if it looks bad, oh well, i got my cut of the money, come back if it doesn't so you can pay more

do any doctors actually say, if it comes back/doesn't look right, come back and we will try to fix it for free?

IMHO

YOU HAVE TO BE PRETTY SADISTIC TO CHARGE PEOPLE TO FIX A NORMAL EMOTIONAL PROBLEM FOR MONEY

its like going to a doctor and saying, im depressed

and them saying, oh we will give you some antidepressants for 5000 dollars , it'll fix you right up, hopefully, if not come back and we will try something else for money (makes sense, seeing as antidepressants usually make things worse)

if i was a doctor, or going to school to become a plastic surgeon, etc, out of every possible procedure, i'd do this one for free.

thinking about changing doctors and going to a new one

and just complaining about how painful it is, saying it hurts so bad, i can't sleep, and they will have to do it for free.

don't even care if i get banned for hating on doctors, i'm so tired of this shit.

i can't believe there isn't a fight yet with insurance companies saying it should be covered, i kind of wish doctors would start a petition, or people or whatever, and try to get it always covered

but doctors don't care about us enough to, they care more about the money they make
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:07:40 PM by brysonlee »

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member
I can definitely sympathize/relate to a lot of the stuff you said man.

Is there any way your parents can help you pay for the cost of the surgery? Also, you would probably be able to split the payment up over 12 months, with some kind of CareCredit type company, with no interest.

I basically had to face the same type of choice, get gyno surgery which will help me crawl out of my depression or put that money towards starting my first business (so that I could eventually pay for the surgery and hopefully get out of depression, but good luck starting a business while depressed)?

Shit sucks man, and America is no better. If anything it's worse here because insurance never covers it. Which is very fucking typical of America. Insurance is always happy to take your money, but when it comes time to actually help you they make it very difficult or impossible to get the help you need.

I paid $5200 here in Dallas, TX after being absolutely sick of dealing with it for 12 years. I couldn't wait another day.

Offline jason_w

• Bronze Member
I can definitely sympathize/relate to a lot of the stuff you said man.

Is there any way your parents can help you pay for the cost of the surgery? Also, you would probably be able to split the payment up over 12 months, with some kind of CareCredit type company, with no interest.

I basically had to face the same type of choice, get gyno surgery which will help me crawl out of my depression or put that money towards starting my first business (so that I could eventually pay for the surgery and hopefully get out of depression, but good luck starting a business while depressed)?

Shit sucks man, and America is no better. If anything it's worse here because insurance never covers it. Which is very fucking typical of America. Insurance is always happy to take your money, but when it comes time to actually help you they make it very difficult or impossible to get the help you need.

I paid $5200 here in Dallas, TX after being absolutely sick of dealing with it for 12 years. I couldn't wait another day.

thank you, that really sucks, i hear america is bad for these types of things..

i could, my grandpa who is 90 wants me to finish school, and said if it bothers me i should get it done, he would pay for half of it, or a lot of it. (doesnt want it to interfere with school)

but i can't take money from people, and i know by the time i pay it back he has a chance of being dead (hes sick)

i don't like taking things from people, when its not mine, i don't know, i just cant

im glad you did, i hope everything is better for you, i just hate it, i have no fat on my chest, just these puffy nipples, im pretty damn lean

i have a feeling, (knowing my luck, everything bad happens to me, never anything good)

it'll come back right after i get the procedure done, anyways

Offline nipsofpeace

• Posting Member

i could, my grandpa who is 90 wants me to finish school, and said if it bothers me i should get it done, he would pay for half of it, or a lot of it. (doesnt want it to interfere with school)

but i can't take money from people, and i know by the time i pay it back he has a chance of being dead (hes sick)

i don't like taking things from people, when its not mine, i don't know, i just cant

im glad you did, i hope everything is better for you, i just hate it, i have no fat on my chest, just these puffy nipples, im pretty damn lean

i have a feeling, (knowing my luck, everything bad happens to me, never anything good)

Let your grandpa help you, seriously. Think about his position, one of the last few things he can do is to help his grandson feel more confident and get something that's really bothering him off his chest. The money is almost meaningless to him, he hasn't much use for excess money any more and he can't take it to the grave. Let him help you, he won't care that you never pay it back.

Take the money, pay for the surgery, and take a bit of money of your own and get him a heartfelt gift, something that would mean a lot to him even if it's small...maybe bring him one of his favorite foods from his favorite local restaurant or find something that he really likes that he hasn't had in a while.

The gyno won't come back unless you take a bunch of roids/test and don't know what you're doing.

Offline cold world

• Posting Member
in ontario

if you're under 18?

i had this when i was under 18 and the dumbass doctor told me to wait, and wait, it might go away

they only tell you this so you have to pay later on, im sure of it, it rarely ever goes away, so i've read

seems legit

i can't believe its not covered, living with breasts your whole life isn't something a guy should have to go through

its like

do i pay for surgery

so stupid.

i wish everyone would help eachother, i hate how this world is ruled by one thing, MONEY

who cares if somebody is so emotionally ruined by something in their physical appearance that it makes them want to die

im pretty jacked/fit and having to wear baggy shirts to tried to hide one part of my body is so ridiculus when i like the rest

besides that, the only thing that helps is if i tape my nipples down with duct tape, but the tape doesnt last long

it makes it look completely normal if i push my nipples down or tape them down my chest a bit

i don't even care if i can't go shirtless, i just want it to be hidden and not ahve to wear large baggy shirts.

worse thing that can happen is i cut my nipple off and they will be like forced to take the shit under it out when i go to the hospital

im pretty sure this forum was actually made to promote doctors like it does on the side, to just make money off us.

now i need to stop paying off my schooling, and start paying to get my breasts removed since i don't even want to leave my house with this shit anymore,

honestly, 5000 dollars a procedure that can be done in an hour, after the doctor in toronto told me its a simple procedure and he does over 4 of them in a day got me wondering

and what pisses me off even more is, its from puberty, like its normal, a lot of guys get it

making money off ones emotional pain, is ridiculous, when doctors can't even promise that it'll look completely normal afterwards.

i can't even imagine paying 5 grand for it to come back/ not look completely normal.

told me "yeah it might not look completely good but it'll look better, it depends on your expectations and how you feel about your body"

its pretty much saying, give me 5 grand and i'll try to cut this out of your chest. if it looks bad, oh well, i got my cut of the money, come back if it doesn't so you can pay more

do any doctors actually say, if it comes back/doesn't look right, come back and we will try to fix it for free?

IMHO

YOU HAVE TO BE PRETTY SADISTIC TO CHARGE PEOPLE TO FIX A NORMAL EMOTIONAL PROBLEM FOR MONEY

and them saying, oh we will give you some antidepressants for 5000 dollars , it'll fix you right up, hopefully, if not come back and we will try something else for money (makes sense, seeing as antidepressants usually make things worse)

if i was a doctor, or going to school to become a plastic surgeon, etc, out of every possible procedure, i'd do this one for free.

and just complaining about how painful it is, saying it hurts so bad, i can't sleep, and they will have to do it for free.

don't even care if i get banned for hating on doctors, i'm so tired of this shit.

i can't believe there isn't a fight yet with insurance companies saying it should be covered, i kind of wish doctors would start a petition, or people or whatever, and try to get it always covered

but doctors don't care about us enough to, they care more about the money they make
Just out of curiosity, what surgeon did you speak to? I have an appointment in July with Dr Fielding in Toronto and was wondering how much it will cost me. Im a student in University and don't have a lot of money.

Offline jason_w

• Bronze Member

Let your grandpa help you, seriously. Think about his position, one of the last few things he can do is to help his grandson feel more confident and get something that's really bothering him off his chest. The money is almost meaningless to him, he hasn't much use for excess money any more and he can't take it to the grave. Let him help you, he won't care that you never pay it back.

Take the money, pay for the surgery, and take a bit of money of your own and get him a heartfelt gift, something that would mean a lot to him even if it's small...maybe bring him one of his favorite foods from his favorite local restaurant or find something that he really likes that he hasn't had in a while.

The gyno won't come back unless you take a bunch of roids/test and don't know what you're doing.

thakn you so much! never thought of it like that.

he does have quite a bit of money, but we were never that close of friends, or yeah

but thank you i might decide to do this!! :)

Offline jason_w

• Bronze Member
in ontario

if you're under 18?

seems legit

its like

do i pay for surgery

so stupid.

IMHO

Just out of curiosity, what surgeon did you speak to? I have an appointment in July with Dr Fielding in Toronto and was wondering how much it will cost me. Im a student in University and don't have a lot of money.

i went to him, people here said he would ask if you're in school, but he didn't for me

the end cost was 3400 dollars with him, on the high side for people here, so i've read

hes a good guy, but his receptionist is a huge not a nice person, she is so rude, they were an hour later to my first appointment and i drove from niagara falls..

besides that, they gave me a piece of paper saying i had to pay 30 days in advance, or it would be cancelled, i didn't end up paying, i didn't call either

she called me 3 days before the surgery date yelling at me saying i was too immature to call in

i read her the sheet word for word "surgery will be cancelled if you don't pay 30 days prior" and she told me

"DONT ALWAYS BELIEVE WHATS WRITTEN ON THE PIECE OF PAPER, WE WONT TAKE YOU ON AS A CLIENT ANYMORE"

and i decided to just hang up on her, i didn't call, but i thought because it said on the paper it would be cancelled, it would be..

so be careful in this aspect, hes a great guy, shes a complete not a nice person, you'll realize this the first time you talk to her.

when she said she wouldn't take me on i wanted to just say, well

there goes your 3500 dollars for a 45 minute procedure, but i was still nice to her, even though she didn't deserve it.

Offline Dave92

• Posting Member
You gotta remember that gynecomastia isnt the only thing the surgeons deal with. They do ops on people who may be equally insecure about part of their body as guys with gyne.
We are lucky to even have the option to have surgery these days. It certainly wasnt an option 30-40 years ago. We probably wouldnt have seen such advances in surgical ability without the high reward for being a surgeon. If the reward was low the best talent would be in a different field.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Time for a history lesson.

The man who originated this site is a Psychologist, Not a Surgeon. A surgeon now owns the site, but he does not promote his own practice here. The Surgeons who are here serve without any personal gain. There have been cases where Doctors used the site to promote themselves and those doctors were quickly removed.

Surgical reduction of male breasts was done long ago, but the results were not good. Liposuction originated in the 1970's in Italy. That was combined with other procedures and modern surgery to reduce male breasts finally became safe and effective in the 1980's The procedures have improved and the results are constantly improving. This is not a procedure that is needful, It is purely elective. There are only rare cases where this surgery actually is performed for medical reasons.

What about the condition itself? Men with enlarged breasts are depicted in the art of Egypt and Greece. King Tut is shown with enlarged breasts. The word Gynecomastia seems to have been coined by the Greek Physician Galen.

The condition does not usually have any damaging physical effects. The only damage would seem to be psychological.

In my own case, I was nearing the age of 50 before surgery was acceptably safe and reliable and I had reached a point in my life where I had other priorities.

I had hoped that the information age would have the effect of circulating accurate information about Gynecomastia and the stigma attached to the condition would disappear. Instead, the false images of men with bread-board flat chests are being shown as the standard.

The real truth is that some enlargement of the male breast is perfectly normal.

Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024