Author Topic: Revision recovery ever easier?  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Tonyp1

• Posting Member
I had my surgery about 7 weeks ago.  Left side looks ok, but the right side has a egg sized residual gland, very noticable through a shirt.  We knew the gland was there pre-surgery because of a mamogram, but the doctor somehow chose to overlook it on the table.  He excised a small peice of it from the lipo hole, but left the majority of it behind.  I know I'm early in the healing process, but what was left behind Is clearly residual gland. I can even feel and see the sharp edge where he cut a chunk off of it close to the lipo hole.   

Anyhow, since I will need little lipo, and it will only be on one side, can I assume a revision would be easier to recover from?  I had a lot of lipo done the first time, recovery kept me out of work for 4 weeks.  I could have probably returned  in 3, but took 4 to be safe.  I'm hoping revision might be a little easier, because I'm only going to be able to take 2 weeks off later this year.  Thanks for any insight!

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
First, you have to be patient and allow for appropriate healing over 4-6 months.  Then consider meeting with your surgeon and reviewing the results of the operation.  If indeed revision is needed, discuss the manner in which it would be performed and the fees involved.  It may also help to secure a second opinion from another surgeon, preferably an expert in gyne surgery.

There is no way to predict if any possible revision surgery would be "easier" than the original surgery because one does not know at this time what would be needed to be done.  When I have revised gyne operations, the operations are generally longer, more difficult and more tedious.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024