Author Topic: Holiday after surgery?  (Read 2780 times)

Offline londonguyne

Hey Guys,

I realise this is a bit of a stupid post but I Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on holidaying after surgery..

Im booked in with Karidis just before christmas and have taken time off in Jan (self employed so lucky!) as I don't want it to be too noticeable that I have had the operation. I want to make it look like I have lost the weight myself etc..
So probably going to aim to go away about 2 weeks after surgery. How were you feeling after 2 weeks? 
Am trying to weigh up weather its a stupid idea to go somewhere in SE Asia.
Cant wait for my surgery now! 27 and finally sorting out the bain of my life for the past 12 years!

Pedro84

Hey Guys,

I realise this is a bit of a stupid post but I Just wondered what peoples thoughts were on holidaying after surgery..

Im booked in with Karidis just before christmas and have taken time off in Jan (self employed so lucky!) as I don't want it to be too noticeable that I have had the operation. I want to make it look like I have lost the weight myself etc..
So probably going to aim to go away about 2 weeks after surgery. How were you feeling after 2 weeks?
Am trying to weigh up weather its a stupid idea to go somewhere in SE Asia.
Cant wait for my surgery now! 27 and finally sorting out the bain of my life for the past 12 years!

My bruising has now completely disappeared and the cuts (minor) under the arms have completely healed up. The scars at the base of my nipples are still very much there though. I reckon 4-6 weeks at least for those to go. 

Offline Askone

• Posting Member
It's doable, just ensure you keep the scars out of the sun

Offline moreton8000

• Posting Member
Hi Askone,
I booked in for my surgery today. i've also got a holiday booked - mine is 6 weeks after my operation day - Karidas' assistant say this should be fine. He normally meets with his patients 6 weeks after and the images he showed me where around the 6 week period and the effects of the op were hardly noticeable.
Best of luck with your op!

Offline ParkedOutside

• Posting Member
Hey, did you choose to wait until Christmas or did he not have any slots available?

What is Karidis' waiting time?

Offline williamb

• Bronze Member
Hey bro - the earliest I was able to get in was 7 weeks after my consultation.

Offline ParkedOutside

• Posting Member
Cool..thanks!

@OP if you see another Karidis thread the bruising is quite bad after 1 week so it seems to depend person to person.. I'd stay in the country for as long as possible personally..you don't want to be in SE Asia 2 weeks post op and experience bleeding or something..
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:16:41 PM by ParkedOutside »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024