Author Topic: Gyno returning 3 months after gland removal  (Read 3465 times)

Offline Zim

• Posting Member
Hi all,

Had my surgery for painful gyno in November and the surgeon confirmed the entire gland was removed. Chest looked completely perfect and flat after surgery and for a few blissful months I had a flat chest and minimal pain.
Now during the last few weeks that horrible gyno pain has come back with a vengeance, the hot, aching soreness and tenderness behind my nipples. I can already see it started to puff out a little bit after being totally flat post-surgery.
I am at a loss what to do now. I didn't think gyno could come back if the gland was removed. I don't take any drugs that could cause it. My hormones (Test, E, prolactin, LH etc) are normal. I am slim and around 15% bodyfat. I've had my liver/kidneys checked and all fine.
I'm currently taking Raloxifene and Anastrazole, will soon change to megadosing Tamoxifen and Letrozole (stronger SERM/AI combo) in a final attempt to stop this painful gland growing back while I wait for an appointment with an endocronologist to figure out what on earth is causing this gland to grow.

Any suggestions are welcome but I don't really know what to do. I have tried everything but it keeps coming back. I guess I will be getting gland removal every year until my chest is completely butchered.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Sorry to hear about your problem.  You didn't mention what your surgeon had to say about this.  It is not too uncommon to develop scar tissue behind the nipple/areola.  It can start soon after surgery or months after.  The scar tissue usually responds to steroid injections (a little ironic, since anabolic steroid use causes gynecomastia). Anyway, you may want to discuss this with your surgeon.  A small amount of breast tissue is preserved just behind the nipple/areola to prevent crater deformity, but this seldom hypertrophies or swells.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline MammaryMan

• Bronze Member
Quote from: Dr. Pope, M.D. link=topic=32339.msg206387#msg206387 date=1486476329
A small amount of breast tissue is preserved just behind the nipple/areola to prevent crater deformity, but this seldom hypertrophies or swells.
Two questions:
1) Can this remaining tissue be radiated with a short course of radiation, like breasts of men undergoing hormone blockade for prostate cancer, to prevent further growth?
2) Can ALL the breast tissue be removed and something like silica (as used in female breast enhancement) be inserted to prevent the crater deformity?

Offline Zim

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply Dr. Pope. I did have scar tissue for approx. 2 months, which felt much harder than the gland and wasn't painful. This dissolved gradually and then the pain began again, and I can feel the squishy gland.
I've recently discovered that Melatonin, which I take every night as a sleep aid, can cause gyne in rare instances. I'll stop taking it and see if the pain subsides, as something is definitely causing this outside of the standard test/estrogen/prolactin factors.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024