Author Topic: 1 week post op. Is this deformity likely to correct itself?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline SoClose

1 week post op both niples slightly cave in on one side so like the upper chest drops off and then it's flush with the rest of the bottom part of the chest.   Doc says it should correct itself.    I have lots of fear and anxiety around this for many reasons.   
Anyone with past experience please chime in

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Much much too early to predict results at this stage.  Relax, wear your compression garment, follow your surgeon's instructions and PLEASE, don't look in the mirror every day (or every hour) -- you will drive yourself nuts.

Results take at least 4-6 months to be fully seen.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Recovery

• Posting Member
1 week post op both niples slightly cave in on one side so like the upper chest drops off and then it's flush with the rest of the bottom part of the chest.  Doc says it should correct itself.    I have lots of fear and anxiety around this for many reasons. 
Anyone with past experience please chime in

My swelling went down significantly in a matter of weeks.

Though I wore both the compression vest + a compression wrap on top of that for several weeks 24/7 except for showering or washing the vest in a 30 minute quick wash cycle.

So what you see after surgery really isn't the final result. Use the vest continuously and you'll see huge aesthetic improvements.

For how long? Ask your surgeon. The general consensus seems to be 4-6 weeks. I did 6 weeks 24/7 (last two weeks were advised 12 hours a day but I did 24 anyway, and the area got even flatter and nicer).

The post-op paper also said the area should be massaged about 5 minutes daily. I massaged both areas 5-10 minutes daily and believe that also helped.

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
I had surgery ten months ago. I was pretty concerned during the weeks and months that followed that things weren't right. Everyone warns that you shouldn't judge your surgery until 6 months or more have passed. I wasn't really buying it. I was wrong. Things definitely level out. When the vest came off I started working out every day and have gradually lost a good amount of fat. After 10 months I still see small changes happening in the mirror and I love it.!

Offline concernedjacob

• Posting Member
  • it is what it is
I had surgery ten months ago. I was pretty concerned during the weeks and months that followed that things weren't right. Everyone warns that you shouldn't judge your surgery until 6 months or more have passed. I wasn't really buying it. I was wrong. Things definitely level out. When the vest came off I started working out every day and have gradually lost a good amount of fat. After 10 months I still see small changes happening in the mirror and I love it.!
Were the biggest changes in the beginning or only after 6 months i am really contemplating surgery
just an older gyno sufferer

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
It was very gradual, to the point of being frustrating. I remember looking down in the shower months after surgery and seeing them, still there. Just like before. Not really, but it seemed that way.

At 8 months I had a followup appt and I told the Dr that I thought my chest would be flatter. He pinched around and said he felt scar tissue. Then he came back with a needle and injected Kenalog into both sides. Around the same time I got my weight down about 10-15 lower than when I had surgery. In the last few weeks I notice a real change. My shirts fit differently, my chest is not as sensitive as it was. I don't see a breasted man in the miror anymore. I still have some boobage and always will, but it's on par with most guys my age who never had any boobs. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024