Author Topic: Hope i am not growing  (Read 1682 times)

Offline pastthepointofreturn

• Posting Member
Today my right nipple is itching like crazy and staying super hard. I sure hope this isnt a sign of growing.

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
Maybe go see a doctor about it?

Offline concernedjacob

• Posting Member
  • it is what it is
it rarely grows or "gets bigger" on its own as an adult unless you did something like anabolic steroids...

the area might of course appear bigger if you gain more fat

the gland usually starts developing in your early teens, once that happens you're screwed and only surgery can fix it, as it's not fat but gland
just an older gyno sufferer

gmast

it rarely grows or "gets bigger" on its own as an adult unless you did something like anabolic steroids...

the gland usually starts developing in your early teens, once that happens you're screwed and only surgery can fix it, as it's not fat but gland
The medical sites say it is very common for men in 50's and 60's to get gone.  Also, there is nothing that needs fixed.  Some may choose surgery, but it's a want,  not a  need.

Offline concernedjacob

• Posting Member
  • it is what it is

The medical sites say it is very common for men in 50's and 60's to get gone.  Also, there is nothing that needs fixed.  Some may choose surgery, but it's a want,  not a  need.

its absolutely a need, only a very small forum subculture of crossdressers here insists its a purely cosmetic procedure

countless people have had their lives ruined or committed suicide due to the bullying and societal rejection induced by gynecomastia
it can also cause severe depression as having large protruding breasts is a secondary sex characteristic of human females, not males

the same rhetoric is used by insurance companies who insist its nothing but cosmetic,
while completely ignoring the societal aspects of a boy or man having boobs in a world with ever increasing physical standards for young men

for older men such as myself it may not be such an issue and i may learn to live with it, but at least try to sympathize with the 15-30 year olds living in the tinder age which is very visual, boys with boobs will be obliterated in this environment
if i had a male child with gyno i would do everything in my power to pay for their surgery asap if they asked for it

gmast

its absolutely a need, only a very small forum subculture of crossdressers here insists its a purely cosmetic procedure

countless people have had their lives ruined or committed suicide due to the bullying and societal rejection induced by gynecomastia
it can also cause severe depression as having large protruding breasts is a secondary sex characteristic of human females, not males

the same rhetoric is used by insurance companies who insist its nothing but cosmetic,
while completely ignoring the societal aspects of a boy or man having boobs in a world with ever increasing physical standards for young men

for older men such as myself it may not be such an issue and i may learn to live with it, but at least try to sympathize with the 15-30 year olds living in the tinder age which is very visual, boys with boobs will be obliterated in this environment
if i had a male child with gyno i would do everything in my power to pay for their surgery asap if they asked for it

I'll strongly disagree that only cross dressers here insist it is a purely cosmetic procedure.  Guys here that aren't cross dressers also consider it cosmetic.  You've even proved my point by listing other groups that call it cosmetic, and then go on to  say it may not even be an issue for yourself.  Some people want it very strongly, but it is a want, not a need.  Just because I consider it a want, doesn't mean I don't understand why guys may want it.

Offline JohannK

• Silver Member

Does it pose a danger to your health?  Will those glands kill you if not removed?

The real issue is that society has become too obsessed with having a "perfect" body, while nobody actually has one.  People always want to "fix" things with surgery, and it's a mindset that's been created by those who stand to profit.

And for the record, I'm going on 29.  Started developing breasts in my early 20's.  Also had very visible balding at 16.

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
Does it pose a danger to your health?  Will those glands kill you if not removed?

The answers to those questions lie with the individual who has the affliction. I consider gynecomastia to be a disfigurement. On par with a cleft palate, a burn scar, or extremely large nose, or ears that stick out far. Sure, you'll live. Sure, some people aren't bugged by those things and live perfectly good lives.

No one needs to make fun of a person's disfigurement or affliction for it to drive them up the wall and ruin their quality of life. If something you're stuck with really bugs you to the core, it is a danger to your health. Your mental health. And if a surgical procedure can change that, then it literally is a life saver.

bikerbob

That is why we have a surgery section and an acceptance forum.  To put things in perspective, the cost of a breast reduction will pay for a used Corvette or Harley and a lot of bras.  Priorities.

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
That is why we have a surgery section and an acceptance forum.  To put things in perspective, the cost of a breast reduction will pay for a used Corvette or Harley and a lot of bras.  Priorities.
That might be true, but for a lot of guys it's a quality of life issue. Money and material things come and go. Quality of life is priceless. Priorities.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024