Author Topic: Wish there was something I could do?  (Read 4851 times)

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Having breasts is very depressing me.I went for a swim at the "Y" the other day.I saw people looking at me in a weird way.I can see them talking about me.I have friends that their g/f call me saggy boobs,saggy nipples.They all laugh at me.Im scared to even take off my shirt in front of my g/f or at the gym in front of other men.I dont know what they might think.I would love to have the surgury but I cant even afford the consultation.I know Alberta health care would pay for it.But I would like to have it done by Dr Fielding.
So I thought I would let everyone know how theses things are effecting my life.

Offline goaliesuperstar

• Bronze Member
dude i feel you, don't stress, there are plenty of us who are in your situation. I don't know how old you are, but im 17 and talked to my mom and told how much this was bothering me (my case is not even that bad) but she got me a consult with a PS and now i am going to see an endo before my surgery. SO, the best advice i can give you is to talk to your parents, if your parents refuse to help, get a job.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Dude Im 35 years old.I have 2 jobs,I make over $40,000.00 a year.I just have 3 kids to raise and bills to pay.That just contributes to my depression.

Offline nowchase

• Bronze Member
    • "Me vs. My Breast"
You remind me of my past... It's hard, my prayer goes out to you brother.
Free Documentary "Me vs. My Breast"
http://individual.utoronto.ca/charlesh/documentary

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Thank you for your thought.But dont be sorry.It wasnt your fault that My body doesnt like me.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Having breasts is very depressing me.I went for a swim at the "Y" the other day.I saw people looking at me in a weird way.I can see them talking about me.

Shatterd_Nyte....

I feel your pain Broh....  :'(

Open a savings account and put away any extra coin that you may have. It may take you a while if things are tight right now, but one day you'll have enough for surgery.

Hang in there Dude....  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 04:00:39 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Do some research and find someone good in your area with lots of experiance. I'm sure fielding is good but its going to be harder and more stressfull to travel so much.

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Thank you everyone for your concern.But its the pain of being made fun of.I wish I could save money but there is no money to save.I want to go to Dr Fielding Because hes the cheapest.Other drs want $3000 to 5000.I cant even think of affording that.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 12:27:44 AM by Shattered_Nyte »

Offline sampk

• Posting Member
how much is fielding charging?

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
He charges way less then these other doctors that I have seen on this board.Dr Fielding charges  $1000 plus.So I would assume thats better then $3000 to $5000

Offline Grandpa Bambu

He charges way less then these other doctors that I have seen on this board.Dr Fielding charges  $1000 plus.So I would assume thats better then $3000 to $5000

You have to keep in mind that JCF charges approx $4000 (CND) for Excision and Lipo. If the patient qualifies for O.H.I.P. (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) then OHIP pays out for all except Lipo. Lipo is considered a 'cosmetic' proceedure, therefore insurance companies do not shell out for it.

So....  if the patient qualifies for OHIP, he pays JCF about $1300 for the Lipo portion of the proceedure and OHIP will pay out for the rest. Awesome deal huh?  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 01:12:47 PM by Bambu »

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
Well Im in Edmonton alberta.So I wouldn't Quilify for that.Would Alberta Health Care Step in?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Well Im in Edmonton alberta.So I wouldn't Quilify for that.Would Alberta Health Care Step in?

Shattered_Nyte....

A member of this board 'Zardoz' is from B.C. and I'm purdy sure he got O.H.I.P. funding when he had his operation with Dr. Fielding. I'll have a look thru Zardoz's diary and see if he got O.H.I.P. funding....

John.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 09:13:05 AM by Bambu »

Offline Shattered_Nyte

• Silver Member
I also have extend health care through work.Would that work too?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 12:33:51 PM by Shattered_Nyte »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

I also have extend health care through work.Would that work too?

Many health care programs do not cover Gynecomastic Reduction Surtgery as most insurance compaies consider it a
'cosmetic' surgery.  :-/

You should inquire about it with your employer anyways. Find out what you are covered for.
If we don't ask, we don't get.  ;)  

John.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 12:44:12 PM by Bambu »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024