Author Topic: Quebec  (Read 3343 times)

Offline rodimus

• Posting Member
I couldn't find any info on quebec in these forums, anyone know of some contacts and what costs can be like in this province?

Offline ROX

• Posting Member
Hi, in Laval or Montreal, it will cost about $3200 for lipo.
..for glandular case, add a couple of $$ ??!!
The doctors don't seem to know well our condition, so they don't have a lot of experience for that.
Search the web for 'clinique d'esthétiques gynécomastie'....
Good luck
(not cover by RAMQ)

Offline rodimus

• Posting Member
Dang... Yea i dont think it is well known or preformed here which is what scares me, i dont want to do it if there is that much doubt.

http://www.drbernier.com/ Dr Bernier is the only one who even mentiones gynecomastia on his website but only mentions lipo.

Such a big headache this whole thing is, and finding a good PS isn't making it easier.

Anyone know the cost for JC Fielding in Ontario if you are out of province? With all the good things i hear seems like a pretty good choice maybe.

Offline goaliesuperstar

• Bronze Member
I am scheduled for gyne surgery in April with Dr. Zelt in Montreal, the fee will be 3400 and it will be for lipo surgery with the possibility of an excision if necessary!

www.rgzelt.com (he also mentions this procedure on his site)

I will let you all know how it goes!

Offline rodimus

• Posting Member
Thanks for the info goalie! When is your operation, if you don't mind can you private message me your email so we can stay in touch. again Thanks for the info.

Offline Geno4

I got my op 2 weeks ago during the spring break! ;D

Dr. Richard Lapointe from a private clinic did it at the Cité de la Santé de Laval. It's been done very well and the results are getting better and better(still have some bandages until the scars are fully healed). I will comment about the effects on a later date and diffrent forum.

I'm 17 and because of it, I got it paid by RAMQ. I even saw two surgeons to be sure to pass it before I'm 18. For some time, I had been wondering if it was ok for it to be paid, but the only dissentment I got was from my ex and I wasn't told directly. I think if it bothers enough to think surgery is needed, it's ok for it to be paid. And anyway, it's not an insurance for any reason! Everyone is ok for it to be paid anyway.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2006, 04:20:37 PM by Geno4 »

Offline brebguy

• Silver Member
  • Montrealer
hi there

thanks so much for the info. i have been looking for the info for a long time.
i have different surgeons that do this intervention :

Dr. Zelt
http://www.rgzelt.com

Dr Mario Bernier
http://www.drbernier.com

Clinique Médico Esthétique du vieux Longueil
www.cliniquedupuy.com/

although i havent read anyone that was operated at clinique dupuy. you can also find more at this web site... i have a very complete list of surgeons in Montreal or other regions that performs this operation : http://french.creditmedical.com/finder_1.asp
i still have two questions.

how should i choose a surgeon ? experience in liposuccion or general credibily  (certification or else)
should price be considered in that kind of situation. i am really lost.

also, everybody seem to be talking about how great this operation is. its good to hear, but no one ever talked about the risks ? can soemone that had the surgery or talked to a surgeon already say somethig about the risks involved in that intervention ?

thanks everyone. really appreciate the help.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 05:53:21 PM by brebguy »
surgery did not work...:-(
Dr. Fielding (TO - Ontario : 416.766.8890) on august 9th, 2006 and revision on september 21st, 2007

Offline goaliesuperstar

• Bronze Member
breb, the risks are pretty minimal for this problem, pm me if you have any questions. i will be gyne free on friday :)

Offline rodimus

• Posting Member
How did things go goaliesuperstar?

Offline goaliesuperstar

• Bronze Member
things are going very well for me rodimus, the surgery went great and the whole process is/was practically pain-free. As of right now (12 days post-op) my left side is absolutely perfect but my right is quite bruised and swollen. I still am wearing the compression garment which Dr. Zelt said I should wear about 1 more week and then I can wear it just to bed (he said that since my case was quite small the vest wouldn't be necessary for all 4 weeks). Scarring is quite small and I am sure that by mid summer the scars will be barely noticeable.

Anyways, im just hoping my right side ends up looking as good as my left! I have another appointment with the doc 1 month post op (probably late May) so hopefully the swelling and bruising (which isn't painful or very sensitive at all) on the right side is gone by then.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024