Author Topic: Hormones  (Read 2173 times)

Offline nop

• Posting Member
Hey I have some pretty bad puffy nipples at age 16, but I also noticed I tend to store alot of my fat in my but and thighs.  I dont look like a girl or anything, and Im not fat, it just seems that is where alot of my fat goes, kinda like a femal pattern.  Do you think it is hormones causing both of these things.  I am going for a consultation with my regular doctor on the ninth, and I want to get surgery for the gyn as soon as possible, but would some type of hormonal medicine help until then?

Offline drakeinthe80s

• Posting Member
It could be. You should go see an endocrinologist if you want to have some tests done.

Offline nop

• Posting Member
OK.  I just wanted to point out also that I am pretty sure I do not have a lack of testosterone.  I have a large you know what to go along with the gyne, so I think my body is just producing alot of both. Does that sound right, or even possible?

Offline moobius

• Gold Member
you probably have elevated estrogen levels causing a female distribution of fat storage

Offline nop

• Posting Member
Can this be solved to any degree with medication?

Offline nop

• Posting Member
Say the endo does discover i have eleveated estrogen levels, what can he do about it, and I would still need surgery right?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If your Estrogen levels are elevated, There are things that can be done to manage your condition with medications.  Note that I said IF.

Again, If your Estrogen levels are high or your testosterone levels are low: The first priority would be to figue out why they are off and treat that condition.

At the age of 16, and presuming that a hormone imbalance is the cause of your Gynecoid fat distribution, you should notice some change over time when the hormones are in proper balance.  This change may not be sufficient to satisfy what you want; but you would need to wait until your body normalized before seriously considering surgery.

One important thing which you did not mention is whether your body type is "normal" for your family. Gynecomastia in the men and very large breasts in the women are the rule in my family.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024