Author Topic: training chest at the gym???  (Read 2653 times)

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
do you think its ok if i trained chest the day before the surgery because tuesday is chest day and my surgery is wednesday??

Offline chopemoff

• Bronze Member
i did one final workout at the hotel the night before surgery. I didn't absolutely go hog wild on my chest tho.

i did two exercises per muscle.

DB bench press/pec deck flyes (supersets)
two backs
two bi's/two tri's (supersets)

some cardio and abs.

you gotta think that working your chest hard the night before would hurt recovery.

reason I say that is that it takes 2 days for muscle to rebuild from the tearing down you do during a workout (hence how muscle grows)

if you're traumatizing your chest skin/wall/muscles with lipo and excision, your body will already have its hands full trying to heal those major "wounds".

I would do a workout to feel alive (especially knowing you wont' be workign chest directly for 4 weeks) but keep the chest portion light enough that you don't feel sore.

no sense shooting your recovery in the foot for just one workout. lots of time for hard chest workouts afterwards :)

ceo

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
i guess ill just wait until 3 weeks after my surgery to get back to training then.  Man 3 weeks is alot of time.  Im going to lose alot of size.   >:(
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 12:10:24 AM by bossman »

Offline rocketrob

• Silver Member
  • GYNO IS A BIATCH!
If you know weight trainning, you know that your size will come back in no-time.....

I would not train personally... just so the doc can extract as much fat as possible. (just a thought though)

I go in on the 23rd of Oct... my last chest work-out will be next week...

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
I am 3 weeks post op 2morrow. I will be starting back at the gym 2morrow as well. I am going to wait to do my first chest work out until next week just to be on the safe side. 3 weeks goes by sooooooo fast.... you won't beleice how fast the healing goes.

Offline bossman

• Bronze Member
I am 3 weeks post op 2morrow. I will be starting back at the gym 2morrow as well. I am going to wait to do my first chest work out until next week just to be on the safe side. 3 weeks goes by sooooooo fast.... you won't beleice how fast the healing goes.

are you happy with your results??

Offline BCGUY

• Bronze Member
Ya for sure I am... I can actually wear shirts that I couldn't before and they look good. If it looks this good after 3 weeks.... it should look really good by the time my 3 month mark comes around. Today is the first day not wearing the tensors... it feels a little bit weird... I guess you get used to wearing them. I think I am going to still wear them around my love handles as I think they are starting to swell. We will see how everything looks by the end of the day....

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Hi BCGUY:

Same with me. I am also first day without tensor and it's weird. But I am wearing my compression t (bought from sportscheck Nike brand). And I feel really good with it. It will make a good difference, if you want to try.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024