Author Topic: The healing process 3/4 months post op  (Read 2770 times)

Offline Donatello

• Posting Member
I'm planning to have the surgery this year in May or June and I am planning to go to university in October do you think that my chest will be healed enough by then to ensure that other people do not notice I have had surgery done.

You see I will living in halls with up to 6 people and would hope that none would realise I have had the surgery as young students will not be very sypathetic to a former gyno sufferer.

So basically what will the healing process be like 3/4 months post op. Surgery will also be done with Levick.

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Donatello

I suggest you do a search on here using the name Levick and have a good read of the postings of his patients who have had surgery with him.  The diary section has several threads (including mine) of patients of his.

I can’t speak for any other of his patients as every person will heal differently and at different speeds, but I’m coming up to the 3 month mark and will update my diary on here in the next few days.  However despite the fact that I’m healing a little more slowly than I expected (and hoped) to, anyone would be hard pressed to look at my chest and be able to tell I had gyne 3 months ago.  If they got really close and prodded it they might say it looked a little lumpy and slightly swollen on one side but that’s about it.  The incisions points are tucked under the armpit and at 3 months mine are just little red lines about 1 cm long.  I wouldn’t have a problem taking my shirt off in public at all.

Under normal circumstances your chest will look perfectly normal under a shirt within a couple of weeks, maybe less.  My bruising took about 4 weeks to disappear completely but expect some swelling to come and go after the first couple of weeks.  This intermittent swelling may last for many months but all being well it will still be undetectable under a shirt.

Time-wise, I think you have planned your surgery well.  Good luck and keep posted as to how you get on and don’t be afraid to ask any questions that might crop up. 
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

Offline man-chest-r

• Bronze Member
Better do it may and get it done. By Sept/Oct you will be out of any compression, if you have one (I didn't). You possibly will not be perfectly flat, but a lot better than you were before, more likely.

You will get enough privacy in your hall of res. Many unis have ones with individual ensuites too...

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
Don't worry about it, you should be fine by the start of the University year. You may have some lumpiness (internal scar tissue) but most of the swelling and incisions will have healed by then. Good luck with both your surgery and university.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
I had the on 24 October and was almost pain free.
Most uncomfortable feelings for me were gone after 4 weeks fully
scars were invisible at 6 weeks and i was able to confidently go swimming :)
get it done asap so you can start to live your life to the full (like a pal dog)
 ::)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024