Author Topic: Called a new name yesterday  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
In my job, one part is inspecting bars that do not serve food. I went into a bar for an inspections. Took a few photos.  A older man said to me that I was just the person he needed to talk with. He talked about moving to the area and other non important stuff.  The he said he thought I was one of those rainbow boys when he saw me.  But after talking with me the said he could tell I was  not one. I was polite and kept doing my job and discussed things with the manager that needed to be corrected.

I work in a hot climate and wear thin moisture wicking work polo shirts. My nipples are 24/7 pokies. 

The old drunks comment did bother me some. Moved on. You can't really talk with a drunk. 

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
People can be rather rude, and especially when alcohol is introduced into the conversation. 
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline taxmapper

I haven't had that one yet, but have had other comments including one that I posted on over a year ago about being called ma'am.  

It was kinda funny actually. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
Wow, that would have made me raise an eyebrow also.  My odd sense of humor would have made me chuckle also.  Now I will have that “Rainbow Boy” phrase stuck in my head all day.  😄
Redfox 🦊

Offline Justagirl💃

I haven't had that one yet, but have had other comments including one that I posted on over a year ago about being called ma'am. 

It was kinda funny actually.
Nothing wrong with being called "ma'am", at least for some of us. 💞

Offline taxmapper

I look at thing far more pragmatically. 

I don't parade around trying to draw attention to myself. 
People around me seem to want me to go in a slightly different direction anyway. 

Was even talked about in a conversation a few weeks back where one of my friends (filters not included) just blurted out..

"...so your just going full on lesbian aren't ya..."

I chuckled. 

Offline Justagirl💃

I look at thing far more pragmatically.

I don't parade around trying to draw attention to myself.
People around me seem to want me to go in a slightly different direction anyway.

Was even talked about in a conversation a few weeks back where one of my friends (filters not included) just blurted out..

"...so your just going full on lesbian aren't ya..."

I chuckled.
Everyone knew about me before I did. I was the last person to get the memo. 😉
Funny how that works. 🤔

Birdie💞

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
I have been called ma'am on many occasions. More often on the phone.

A bra is not an option at this time. My wife would not approve and bringing up the subject would be traumatic. Until then, I will do the best I can. Ending up with some heat related illness trying to hide my breast is not an  option either. The majority of the people are kind. Some men cross their arm and hands over their breast when talking with me. Some people just look.  Getting offended is an useless effort the only effects me. Taking things in stride and moving on work for me. However this is an evolving process.

Offline Justagirl💃

Just talking things in stride is all that we can do 😉

Birdie💞

Offline HeldUp

• Silver Member
So did he want to talk to you because he thought you were a "rainbow boy"? Did he clarify what that even means? :D

The alcohol sure does loosen lips, the person probably wouldn't have said anything otherwise.

Wishing you luck with your public-facing job and encouragement on the internally-facing side of things!

Offline Herbert

• Bronze Member
Thank you for your support. 

Not sure why he wanted to talk with me. He was sitting by himself at the bar. I only go to the bars once a year for the state inspections. Hardly ever have to talk to the customers because they are to busy doing there own thing.

Concerning the alcohol, he was trying to feed me a lot of different stories about himself. Did not believe any of it.

For the most part, people are kind and do not say anything about my boobs. Get looks more often now since my breast are getting larger.  Have been called ma'am many times over the years. Mostly on the phone.

Stressing out on how to hide your breast can be significant. For the most part I have stopped trying to cover up my breast. Reducing the stress is still a work in progress. 

Wish you all the best.

Offline gotgyne

I'm not a native speaker in English but in my opinion "rainbow boy" is not an insult, only a hint at the rainbow community, which means LGBTQ+. If someone asked me I'd just answer "yes". End of discussion.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024