Author Topic: train  (Read 3054 times)

Offline marcus28

• Bronze Member
please could someone tell me the best way to get from the train station to the priory ,how much/bus/taxi
thanks

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
If I remember right from others have said, the Priory is five mins cab ride from New St Station.  I think the fare is about a fiver.  Can anyone validate this?

Offline webster

• Silver Member
takes about 20 mins to walk if u have the time, or £1-20 on the bus.

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
rather than start a new topic I might as well ask in here. Where is the best place to park near the priory? Are there lots of residential streets where you can park and walk down?

Offline webster

• Silver Member
don't worry about that, there is loads of free parking at the priory......

Offline limaecho

• Bronze Member
That was a quick reply, I thought it was just me who had insomnia  ;D

I know it's going a bit off topic, but how long do you stay in he priory after surgery? It's not overnight is it? I won't be driving, one of my parents will be.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 11:56:54 AM by limaecho »

Offline webster

• Silver Member
yeah well i can't go to bed till i've finished watching 'inside naked news'on Ch 5. - Reminds me what a wierd place US is to live, & the presenters do have nice norks ::)   LOL
Night all!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 12:10:53 PM by webster »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
It is usually a one night stay muffraid :(  They keep you in with your drains in place to make sure you don't suffer a haematoma (pooling blood).  It has happened to a couple of guys on here.  It means they have to 'clean you out' if it happens.

Assuming no problems, they discharge you by around midday the next morning as soon as Mr Levick has checked you out and the drains are removed.  Take in a portable DVD player if you have one - it will be the most boring night of your life.  And ask the nurse for a sleeping tablet around midnight - for what it's worth.  It didn't send me to the land of nod, but made me feel drowsy which kind of numbed the boredom!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024