Author Topic: Surgery with Levick - 28th November (With pics) - Post-op pics page 3  (Read 13172 times)

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
I'm not sure , Levick didn't mention any weight to me

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
6) Results

The bandages were supposed to come off today but they were getting itchy and loose so I decided to take them off last night while there were people in the house to help.

I'm really happy with the results! There's a little creasing in the nipples and some swelling under the arm pit that is making the left side look a bit concave but overall, It's 1000 times better than it was. Check the pics below.

Here's some comparison shots in a top that was particularly bad pre-op:

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

I've got a couple of questions for the guys who have already done this, what is the general thought on the compression vests, is it the tighter the better? I have a medium vest with two settings, should I just leave it on the tightest?

Also the sticky stuff left behind from the bandages is like cement and really hard to get off, anyone got any tips?

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Another top result from Mr Levick. Congrats mate.

About the tightness of the vest. I had a medium and I just varied the tightness depending on how I felt. I tried to leave it on the tighter setting over night, and then the not so tight setting during the day.

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
The best answer I could get was that it needs to be tight but not so tight it causes to much discomfort or pain and shouldn't restrict breathing. I have a 42" chest measurement and am wearing a large on the tightest setting now.

Levick did say that the pressure needs to be on the nipple so if it becomes too big then pad it in that area. I may end up having to do that if I get much muscle wastage over the next few weeks.

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
11 days post op now

Went out this weekend and had a few beers, no problems and it felt great wearing a tight t-shirt!

My only concern is scar tissue, is it normal to have scar tissue around this time? I have some hard lumps near the nipple on both sides that feel a bit tender. I'm going to get some bio oil and start massaging this week.

Other than that, feeling good. I'd say my movement is back to around 90% already. Itching to get back to the gym but I think I'm going to leave that until the new year which will be around 5 weeks post op. Is 5 weeks long enough?

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
Looking really good mate!!!!

I felt hard lumps, what i assumed was scar tissue after 8-9 days...

I think i will try a very very light exercise when i hit 3 week.. Nothing on the upper body, but maybe some cycling.... Don't think that can hurt to much!!

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
2 weeks post op today

Scar tissue is coming in strong! Trying not to let it bother me though as I know it's just all part of the recovery process.
Booked a follow up in with Levick in the new year just to make sure all is well.

My movement is nearly fully back now, still feels a bit tight when I reach above my head but other than that I'm fine. Sleeping on my side and even on my front without any pain.

I'm going to get back to the gym next week, I feel like I could lift some weights but I think I'm going to stick with cardio for a while, probably until the new year after I have seen Levick, don't want to risk anything.

Just a quick question for the guys who have had scar tissue - how long did it last? and was it like a visible lump?

Offline jmdc

• Posting Member
Hi ive got loads of scar tissue mate. It started at around 2 weeks post op. Im now 7 weeks post and it is starting to soften slightly since i ditched the compression vest. Its mostly on my rhs and is quite visible. Not gonna get too concerned with it unless i get to 6 months and it hasnt changed. How much do you have now? (My surgeon is Levick also). :)

Offline Poland2012

• Silver Member
11 days post op now

Went out this weekend and had a few beers, no problems and it felt great wearing a tight t-shirt!

My only concern is scar tissue, is it normal to have scar tissue around this time? I have some hard lumps near the nipple on both sides that feel a bit tender. I'm going to get some bio oil and start massaging this week.

Other than that, feeling good. I'd say my movement is back to around 90% already. Itching to get back to the gym but I think I'm going to leave that until the new year which will be around 5 weeks post op. Is 5 weeks long enough?

I went with a different surgeon, but I got the initial build up after 5 days. It'll be up and down over the next few weeks, so just relax and settle in.

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
Hi ive got loads of scar tissue mate. It started at around 2 weeks post op. Im now 7 weeks post and it is starting to soften slightly since i ditched the compression vest. Its mostly on my rhs and is quite visible. Not gonna get too concerned with it unless i get to 6 months and it hasnt changed. How much do you have now? (My surgeon is Levick also). :)

Hey I'm about 4 and a half weeks post op now and I still have a fair few hard lumps of scar tissue. Massaging with bio oil definitely loosens it up but it's going to take time.

I'm booked in to see Levick for a follow up on the 8th so I'll get him to check it out and report back.

Offline r2theb

Hi mate WOW what an amazing change . Your chest looks great !!!! Im so happy for you mate.
You must be over the moon With the results. Im planning on sorting the funding out this year and getting the surgry done so i can Start moving forward with my life. Had gyno since late teen years ,28 now and need to get it sorted. Iv got 3 kids that i cant even take swimming its very upsetting amd not fair for them. So what ever it takes im gonna get sorted this year. If you dont mimd me asking can you tell me the complete cost of the surgry with levick . bin Looking at his results and storys for a long time now and have always been very impressed with them. Thankyou for sharing your story mate and all the best in future. 2013 is gonna be an amazing year for you mate new start and all that, im made up for bud thanks

Offline flattmatt

• Posting Member
Hi mate WOW what an amazing change . Your chest looks great !!!! Im so happy for you mate.
You must be over the moon With the results. Im planning on sorting the funding out this year and getting the surgry done so i can Start moving forward with my life. Had gyno since late teen years ,28 now and need to get it sorted. Iv got 3 kids that i cant even take swimming its very upsetting amd not fair for them. So what ever it takes im gonna get sorted this year. If you dont mimd me asking can you tell me the complete cost of the surgry with levick . bin Looking at his results and storys for a long time now and have always been very impressed with them. Thankyou for sharing your story mate and all the best in future. 2013 is gonna be an amazing year for you mate new start and all that, im made up for bud thanks

Hi mate, thanks for the comments. I'm so glad I went through with it and got it sorted, it really does change your life.

As for the cost, I paid £3805 total. I think it used to be £3855 but the hospital costs have gone down now? Bargain!

Offline trashed

• Posting Member

Hi mate, thanks for the comments. I'm so glad I went through with it and got it sorted, it really does change your life.

As for the cost, I paid £3805 total. I think it used to be £3855 but the hospital costs have gone down now? Bargain!

Thanks for sharing your results Matt. Gail's letter says the total cost is:

£3805 (£1705 surgeon, £350 anaesthetist and £1750 hospital fees)

In terms on scaring that you have, is it noticeable with tshirts etc on?

Offline r2theb

Thankyou for your reply. Gonna be phoning a few loan places this week see what i can borrow and get this thing sorted once and for all. Just had another look at ur photos post and pre op unbeleavble differnce mate . All the best with your recovery mate thanks again

Offline hitchcock

• Bronze Member
It's how you look in that shirt in the after pics why I want to get surgery for my very minor case. I can't wear shirts like that comfortably anymore. It's not the end of the world but would feel so liberating to wear whatever I want with confidence.

COngrats and good luck.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024