Author Topic: Quit touching it and it may go away!  (Read 2947 times)

Offline bjk99

• Posting Member
Hello everyone,
      I had been touching and really pinching my right nipple hard for a couple of months straight. Kind of a nervous tick I developed. i thought i might break up some of the soft tissue under my nipple. well in retrospect, a terrible idea. within the last few weeks i have developed hard glandular tissue below the same nip i was always touching (pubertal hard tissue had gone away about four years ago, age 22 or so, but soft glandular tissue and puffy nips reamained).
      Anyway, I just was reading about the anatomy of the breast (mind you, this information only related to womens' breasts). It turns out that nipple stimulation produces a hormone known as oxytocin from the pituitary gland. This hormone triggers milk let down among other things. Now this seems to have been my problem. but i am not sure, but i bought some bandages to cover my nip to prevent all stimulation and hope it goes back to the way it was and the way the left still is. Any thoughts??
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 07:01:20 AM by bjk99 »

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Pinching the nip reminds me of the guy who thought he could pound on his chest and "beat the gland" by repeated blows that would break-up the gland small enough to get absorbed by the body.  :-/

Are you sure that hard tissue is gland tissue?  Have you been to a doctor? My initial thought was that since you still had "soft gland" and "puffy nips" that this new hard gland was just a natural progression of gyne and not related to you pinching your nip.  I don't know.

The fact that you only have it on one side may be extra reason to see a doctor sooner than later.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024