Author Topic: Do I have gyne or is just fat??  (Read 2162 times)

Offline michaelg

Hello,
I am a new member here and my name is Michael.
And this is my story: a year ago, the last summer I have noticed that my right breast is bigger than the left one.
I haven't noticed it before the summer and I can't say for how long it has been bigger. Maybe it was there and I just didn't notice it. I tend to believe I would have noticed it if it were there.
I thought it was just fat and to be honest I am a bit overweight: 178cm and 93kg.
After reading a lot these days about gynecomastia I am still very confused:
What are the treatments? How can I be sure is not just some fat tissue?
Some say working out will do more harm than good.
I have started working out and the breasts are smaller when I work out and get back after finishing the exercies-I suppose that is normal.
Also when I raise my right hand, there is a circle around my nipple that seems to be just fat. Also the right nipple is larger than the left one.
After seeing many pictures of patients, I am still not sure if I have gynecomastia or not. The fat circle around the breast means is just fat?
On the left breast, there is a smaller similar circle of fat-or I believe is fat.
If is just fat-as I said I am a bit overweight-the working out alone will help?
Thanks guys!

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
Hi Michael.

Your age, when the breasts first appeared, and possibly pictures if you have them would help better asses your case.  I'm still going to go out on a limb and say droping a bit of weight would probably still make you look better, but it's hard to say since 178cm and 93kg is not overweight for some people.  If it is gyne, I just  wouldn't get too much into building up your chest muscles (could make the gyne stick out further) but aside from that, diet and exercise is still a good thing ;D

Offline michaelg

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I am 28 years old, so I first noticed the problem one year ago, at 26-27 years. I don't have any pics right now, but I will take a few today.
Also I am not doing exercises just for the breasts, but some general exercises.
What I am confused about: the right breast is bigger than the left one. That alone means there is something more than a fat issue here?
Also when I raise the right hand, the breast is smaller. Same for the left breast.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
What difference does it make? If the breast is large enough to cause you concern, it really makes little to no difference.

The truth is that, in most cases, There is both glandular and fatty tissue. As a rule you will hear that the glanular tissue will be firm and the fatty tissue will be soft. The difference is actually so slight that sometimes even a skilled surgeon can be misled.

If not too pronounced, is it something you can simply ingore and live with? Or is it prominent enough to cause you concern and leads to excessive shyness or other paroblems.

You are the ultimate authority as to how bad it is and whether or not it warrants surgery. (which would be the only way to get rid of it.)

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline michaelg

yes, is big enough to cause concern :(
and the question is if I should try to work out more or not
It will help me or not?
thanks

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
If is just fat-as I said I am a bit overweight-the working out alone will help?

Read this thread.

Post #6...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024