Author Topic: Gynecomastia surgery correction  (Read 1222 times)

Offline NickCrav

Hi,

I had gynecomastia surgery 7 months ago and unfortunately it actually looked better before the op. There seems to be an amount of scar tissue developed under the skin beneath the nipples, and it still hurts to touch. Ive been massaging it twice a day for a while (over two months) and I don't think it's changing at all.

I've spoken to two gyne surgeons, one who did the original operation who can't see that there is actually more of a protrusion than before, he had a feel and actually said that it isn't scar tissue, it's left over gland (when it wasn't there before, there was a small amount of gyno to get rid of) and doesn't think there needs a correction. Another surgeon said he can see the issue but doesn't think he can help. I'm looking for someone to administer a kenalog injection but the first surgeon didn't want to and said it can cause loss of pigment, though he couldn't see that this is scar tissue so I'm not sure I would trust him to do it anyway.
The second surgeon said he could see the issue but has never used kenalog before and didn't want to touch it.

Is there any good doctors around London/south England who you know would be willing to help me with this. I'm at the point where I'm regretting ever getting it done. I do bodybuilding competitions as my passion and it's really getting to me that I can't step on stage with my nipples looking like this.

Thank you

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I am surprised you can't get either doc to try a steroid injection into what sounds like scar tissue.  All I can recommend it that you call around to different London plastic surgeons' offices and find one who does a lot of gyne surgery and uses steroids to shrink scar tissue.  
There is not a problem with loss of pigment when you are injecting deep into the breast - those injections aren't in the skin, so pigment change is not an issue.
Good luck-
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024