Author Topic: Finally gave in to wearing a bra, some of the time  (Read 3502 times)

Maxx

None of the bras I ordered from amazon fit me as well as the Bali one I got from my wife. So, I might have too go get a fitting. I do not have the courage for it yet, and probably won't until the need becomes more desperate...if ever.

Hammer - Where did you go for your fitting in MN?

I found something interesting that I bought and they work pretty good. Silicone nipple covers.
https://www.amazon.com/Pinky-Petals-Pasties-Reusable-Silicone/dp/B079H77FZT

The nipple is really what I am trying to hide and protect. I am fat enough that the boobs kinda look like just a fat guy with moobs for the most part if I wear the right shirts. It is the stupid high beams on the nipples that are the give away and the source of my pain. I don't really have any boob pain from not being supported. Maybe a bra is not my solution?

hammer

None of the bras I ordered from amazon fit me as well as the Bali one I got from my wife. So, I might have too go get a fitting. I do not have the courage for it yet, and probably won't until the need becomes more desperate...if ever.

Hammer - Where did you go for your fitting in MN?

I found something interesting that I bought and they work pretty good. Silicone nipple covers.
https://www.amazon.com/Pinky-Petals-Pasties-Reusable-Silicone/dp/B079H77FZT

The nipple is really what I am trying to hide and protect. I am fat enough that the boobs kinda look like just a fat guy with moobs for the most part if I wear the right shirts. It is the stupid high beams on the nipples that are the give away and the source of my pain. I don't really have any boob pain from not being supported. Maybe a bra is not my solution?

I go to Allure on Grand Ave in St. Paul! They have other stores, but that's the closest to me. I live in northern Dakota co. I really need to get a couple new ones but we, that is Debbie and I need to recover a bit! Last year we bought the 2016 2500 Silverado to pull the toy hauler camper, last week I bought a new 2018 Polaris 450 ATV, and we ordered a couple new windows and one of them cost almost 6 grand!

I think I'll have to wait for new bras , but I sure do love that new ATV and I got it with a plow, but I can wait for the snow, lol

Offline Johndoe1

I know the feeling. I don't like thinking about the money that I spend on my bras. However,  at least with most of my bras, I can put one on in the Morning and be comfortable until I take it off at night. I think that the women who complain about having to wear a bra,  are also the ones who spend 10 bucks on it, don't try it on , take it home and wear it without even knowing if they are wearing the right size, let alone the right shape or style for their breasts. I learned quite a while back that having a professional fitting at  reputable fitter is very important to being comfortable. I wear a bra because I'm much more comfortable when the girls are supported. It's not just a "boob cover" . I want my bras to do everything that they are designed to do and look good doing it and keep me comfortable for at least 18 hours. Keeping all that in mind, I don't mind spending the extra money for a good bra.

Oh, God, don't I know! When I first started wearing I was just like most women, couldn't wait to get home and get that torture device off my body. But then I hated not being supported. I couldn't win. 

Now wearing the correct bra, 18 hours is not unusual. Most of the time I forget I am even wearing it. Other times I enjoy the feeling of being supported. Life has gotten better for me in a bra. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Maxx

Thanks Hammer. Good to know there is someplace reasonably close I can go in for a fitting if I get the nerve to do it.

It is just that I play live music a lot, and I don't want to be recognized. It has happened to me before...pharmacist, doctors, etc. Probably a case of demons in my head more than malice in the other folks to embarrass me.

Guess I am still not really accepting the idea. At least my wife is okay with it and supportive. I am very grateful for that.

While I don't have pain from not being supported, after wearing a bra for a while, I really notice the difference when I take it off.

I am also finding that I feel less aware of my breasts when I am wearing a bra. I am guessing that is probably because nipples are not getting rubbed by my shirts and hit all the time.

hammer

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
First I am glad that you accepted that you need a bra for support nd comfort and second get a bra fitting,  I was scared to death to have one, but after reading several comments on the site and others  I finally CALLED an upscale department store (Dillard's in my case) and asked if they did fitting,  Then I asked the $24,000 dollar question, did they do it for men. They said yes and we set up an appointment for the afternoon,  I came in and introduced myself and they said they were waiting for me and instantly took me back for a fitting and then brought in some bras for me to try. I found one I like and it didn't cost that much and I wore it out of the store.  All of it was easy and they made me feel like I was just another customer and not some freak..In fact I made several friend there over the next year or so.
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline SideSet

I agree it is so much better now that we are in a bra is second nature to me. Athena, I am glad your bra fitting went well, and you were treated just like any other customer  with breasts and needing to wear a bra

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024