Author Topic: Tank tops  (Read 10486 times)

Offline Busty

Women's tank tops fit me best and look and feel best on me.  Men's are too tight in the bust or if I get a men's tank that fits my bust, the straps are too long, leaving side openings that show everything or the straps slide off my shoulders.  I feel most comfortable and confident in women's as opposed to men's tanks.

aboywithgirls

I do the same thing. To me, a tank top is a tank top. A ladies tank has smaller arm openings. At least the whole world doesn't have to know that you're wearing a bra or what kind of side support you have going on. 

Offline Busty

I think women's tanks look best on me, too.  Not like I can hide what I have on my chest, and in my view, it looks silly to try.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
I favor the womens tanks, same reason, smaller sleeves.  I have a couple mens ones that are smaller sleeves, but with any projection at alll it pulls forward (as there is no extra material for the breast) enough to see the bra.  So I wear only to sleep in or under a normal shirt.

Blousebunnys

I've been wearing tank tops from woman within. The shoulder straps are wide enough to conceal bra straps and the arm holes are small enough so there's no side boob action going on. They come in a wide variety of sizes and colors. I get mine from Amazon.com..  They run between 15 and 16 dollars each.
Unless you order a lighter color they don't show your bra. They are also very well made.

Offline Bman41

• Gold Member
Oh, yeah, forgot, I avoid spaghetti straps.  They don't work for me at all.  I agree, need them to cover the bra straps.  

Offline Busty

Thank you for the compliments. Yes, I do wear tops like that when I’m going out. I can tell I get noticed. Not much is ever said to me. The only things I’ve ever heard ou thank you for the compliments. Yes, I do wear tops like that when I’m going out. I can tell I get noticed. Not much is ever said to me. The only things I’ve ever heard are  teenage girls giggling, adult women quietly saying something nice to me, and once in a while a catcall from a construction worker.

Offline Johndoe1

I wear women's tanks all the time. Mostly under my regular shirts to smooth things out. Plus they are much cooler than a men's t-shirt. Around the house, I will wear just the tank. I too like the smaller arm holes and the room at the bust. It just fits better. I hate when my bra peaks out on the side. I am with ABWGs that it is no one's business what bra I am wearing and how much or how little side support I need. That is between me and my bra fitter.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
Hello,
I'm French and I don't find the exact translation of "Tank Top".
Top, the upper part, ok
Tank ???? for gas on my car or a Patton M1 Abrahm's for the war but
TANK TOP, could you explain, please.
Thank's.

Offline Johndoe1

Hello,
I'm French and I don't find the exact translation of "Tank Top".
Top, the upper part, ok
Tank ???? for gas on my car or a Patton M1 Abrahm's for the war but
TANK TOP, could you explain, please.
Thank's.

This is a tank top, as is being referred to in this thread.

Offline leosud

• Bronze Member
Thank's 😉

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
As far as I can see from this thread men in the UK wouldn't wear such a garment as outerwear.  As underwear it would be called a "singlet" or "vest" and would be worn by boys under 10 or men over 70!
A "tank top" would be taken as meaning a knitted sleeveless jumper worn over a shirt.  They were very popular in the 70's.  

hammer

Isn't funny how it can be the same language, but be so different? It is just a tank top and it is also a style of the shirt too!

Offline Seanodonovan

• Posting Member
Isn't funny how it can be the same language, but be so different? It is just a tank top and it is also a style of the shirt too!

Two countries divided by a common language....as someone (but not apparently, G B Shaw) once said.

...all you have to remember is that a vest goes under a shirt..a shirt goes under a jacket..and a jacket goes under a coat.  It is easy really.

aboywithgirls

I think that we're past tank top season around here. As well as Tankinis. It time to start covering up. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024