Author Topic: HI EVERYONE...I NEED UR ADVICE!!!  (Read 2523 times)

Offline revolution09

First of all I'd like to say a big hi to everyone, I recently found out about this site whilst doing some research on the net and have to say that this site is truly amazing, the stories and discussions I can proper relate to.

I felt as I was alone, and didn't know it affected so many men.

I'm 21 years old and noticed my condition at the age of 12 and when I was 16 joined the gym to see if it was just a case of being a little bit of a chubby teen, well it worked to a certain extent, because I developed strong arms, shoulders and a big upper chest, but as for my lower chest no matter what I did it would not tone it nor either lose any fat there.

It has really had a bad effect on my life since then, because when girls see you they automatically think that your built all over (little do they know). And when I get involved with a girl, I cant go the whole 9 yards, because of fear of being caught out.

This is a terrible condition as it affects your confidence (hardly ever approach girls), they way you dress (never wear white tees etc) and what you do (can never go swimming, hot holiday destinations etc).

And did I forget to mention summer, that is the time I dread every year, cos wearing anything more than a tee in summer looks foolish, but Ive had to do it for many years now and am fed up with it.

I want to have a normal life!

So before next year summer, I want to get rid of this condition once and for all and want your advice on what type of surgery I should go for. Ive been doing some research and found out about vaser/smart lipo surgery. I wanted to ask if anyone has tried this surgery and how it came out, and how it compares to the original liposuction. The benefits I can see so far with the vaser/smart lipo surgery is that it is quick and your recovery time is a matter of a few days, and its a lot cheaper than the original liposuction. But that amounts to nothing if you don't get a nice end result that you're 100% happy with.

So please get back to me with your advice.

Thanks

Offline Ready for a change

• Posting Member
Gynecomastia is caused by breast tissue and fat on the chest. Any kind of lipo will only get rid of the fat on your chest not the tissue. If you search Lipo only you will see that many of them are getting sugery again to remove the tissue. If I was you I wouldnt get just lipo.
Good Lucky!

Offline revolution09

Hi, thanks for your response, so what is the other kind of surgery I would need in conjunction with lipo to get rid of it permanently?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Neither Vaser nor Smart Lipo (laser) will remove breast (gland) tissue if it is present.  And most men with gyne do have substantial amount of gland tissue.

Do not be fooled by hype of these new products -- they do work (for fat), but do not work any better than traditional (and safe) liposuction.

What you will need, more than likely, is liposuction plus direct, surgical removal of dense gland.

Please go to an experienced gyne surgeon -- it will really be worth your while.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline revolution09

Thank You Doctor for your advice I shall look into it.

Offline kadri1711

hi evri1 can ne1 tell me how much is treatment in indai in ruppes pls thanks

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
i feel you dude.. i develpoed a strong arms, nice shoulders and upper chest but my lower chest is soft due to the gland. I really hate this condition! and i almost avoid summer activities like swimming

Offline throughmyeyes

• Posting Member
this is like reading about my life.
exactly.
scary haha.
though i only had the op 4 days ago, i cant wait till next summer either.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024