Author Topic: The cost of Gynecomastia correction.  (Read 4476 times)

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
I don't think that any op should cost more than $2500 American. That price should include excision as well as lipo. From all the research I've done leading up to my own recent surgery, it's come to case point that the operation is extremely simple, as simple as mowing the lawn or giving a haircut. That is from a surgeon's point of view. If you are paying upwards of $3000, you are paying too much. The op takes usually no more than two hours (mine took one).

http://community.webshots.com/user/zardoz134

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
Here's a question. How long do I have to wear my bandages for, my doc said three weeks, it's been two and I don't think I should have to wear them anymore as my chest is a little sensitive but otherwise solid.

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting
$2800 American....I can't make $2800 american in two months. Although he does have to pay his rent, his assistants, and he did go to school for 4 to ten years. $2800 isn't that bad compared to others I've heard up over $4000. My lipo excision was paid by my government subsidy medical plan (Oh Canada), but I still had to pay $1284. I wonder how much he gets from the govt.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 11:25:34 AM by Zardoz »

Offline kelley

• Posting Member
I paid 3600 hundred and the doctor told me where the money goes:
- the nice looking office that makes people feel clean and safe
-the people working for him
-the time in the surgery center to preform the surgery, they have to pay also
-the cost of renting the equipment
-the cost of the vest, at least one hundred dollars
-the cost of the recovery room rent
-the cost of the medicine they give you
-the cost of the nurses who are there during the surgery
-the cost of the anthiesalogist
-And yes the cost of knowing that the doctor spent eight years learning how to do the operation

I think you guys should just cool it in how much it costs, because when it comes to getting quaility medical care, please you don't want to be cheap, then you get infections.
Want a cheap surgery go to mexico, just ignor the hundreds of horror stories.

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
Agreed. But these private plastic surgeons usually deal with people who have tons of money to waste, and are very vain.

One of the PS's I saw was driving a freakin 2005 Mercedes Benz SL500. The charges are definitely excessive. Take Dr. Bermant for example... his surgeons fee is like $2800... and the operation takes under 2 hours. I bet the average american doesn't make that much in a whole month!

Remember that the "surgeon's fee" is only about half of what surgery costs. After you tally up all of the other fees it comes to about 2X that.

Regarding whether the price is excessive... that's why they went through the rigorous studying and training to become vanity docs.... for the big bucks.  ;)

Offline STILLgotIT

• Gold Member
  • Finally gyne-free
$2800 American....I can't make $2800 american in two months. Although he does have to pay his rent, his assistants, and he did go to school for 4 to ten years. $2800 isn't that bad compared to others I've heard up over $4000. My lipo excision was paid by my government subsidy medical plan (Oh Canada), but I still had to pay $1284. I wonder how much he gets from the govt.

And, don't forget about the CRAZY HIGH TAXES that you pay year round for the "luxury" of "free healthcare." It ain't free... the fees are just disguised in the form of taxes.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 03:47:16 PM by STILLgotIT »

Offline a-man

• Silver Member
  • Gyne free!
And, don't forget about the CRAZY HIGH TAXES that you pay year round for the "luxury" of "free healthcare." It ain't free... the fees are just disguised in the form of taxes.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

I don't know if you have ever been to Canada, but once you look around you will quickly see where all those "CRAZY HIGH TAXES" go...

Us Canadian guys are fortunate in that when we are considering gyne surgery, we really dont have to think about the money issue, and can instead focus on the more important aspects. $900 or so Canadian dollars for surgery (if that) is really not that much, even for a student. So when we come here reading posts about people who really want the surgery and can't afford it, it is not something we can really relate to.

Anyway getting off topic here... back to your comment about our crazy high taxes: you will see very few Canadians complaining about that, because we all know that we live in the greatest country in the world, and if anything consider ourselves incredibly fortunate.

Offline kelley

• Posting Member
stillgotit
I think calling plastic surgeons vanity docs is extremely insulting and ingnorant. In fact most plastic sergeons do there job to help people who feel deformed, in fact lots specialize in reconstructive sergeon, which isn't vanity, and when I went for my first post op visit I told the doctor I was happy and felt much better about my life, he said to me that that was the reason he did what he does.
And trust me one spends a hundred thousand dollars and eight years of difficult schooling just to get rich, there are many easier paths to go.
I really do have respect for plastic sergeons, there are trying to help and not be insulted.

Offline jack9

• Bronze Member
Kelly,

Who was your doctor?

Offline Badgene

• Silver Member
So all I have to do is gain Canadian Citizenship and I could get the procedure for less then half the price? Sh*t its worth the drive lol

Then I'll move back, or maybe I'll stay...

Offline turfpro

• Posting Member
I paid about $5000  to Dr. Schafer :( on a credit card. If I found this site before, I might have flew to Dr. Bermant and saved a little.

Offline Zardoz

• Silver Member
  • exciting

Offline dallasguy12

• Bronze Member
  • Liason
It seems that the cost varies greatly from case to case. I've read posts written by people who claim to have had "it" done for 1,500.00 or 2,600.00 and sometimes 4,500.00. Does "it" mean liposuction and excisition or one and not the other? I think the reason a general price seems to be so vague is because it depends heavily on the case/person.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable spending anymore than 2.5k USD.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024