Author Topic: Consultation booked with Levick (Surgery booked for 27th sept)  (Read 6836 times)

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Bets of luck guys ;)  And hope this puts and end to all of this for you Ollie mate, once and for all!

Offline adamj

• Silver Member

I think she knows, a couple of weeks ago we were watching embarrassing bodies and there was a guy with Gyne, she looked straight at me and I could feel my self going as red as a lobster but couldn't bring myself to say anything.

I hate that show so much it's unreal!!!

Congrats on getting everything sorted.

Good luck!

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
Hey ollie, so glad you've finally managed to have the op. I hope it went well. (same goes to the other 3 having their op today)

It was a strange feeling seeing your thread pop up, considering we were supposed to be in on the same day 4 weeks ago yesterday!

Offline ollie

• Posting Member
Hey Guys,

So surgery was done on Thursday 27th September. I was in at the same time as 'wingman' and mentioned to Mr Levick when he came to see me in the morning that I knew I guy on this board who was in. He went over and asked 'wingman' if I could go over to see him. I went over before surgery to introduce myself had a quick 5 min chat and then it was pretty much time for me to go down.

No real nerves or anything before but when I woke up I felt really groggy, my blood pressure was low so they kept me in recovery for quick a while and gave me some morphine for the pain. I went down at around 9.45am and woke up in recovery at 11.15, although 'Wingman' went in at 10.30ish so  I think I had been out of surgery for a while. My o2 level was low to do had to keep oxygen mask on, I got taken back to my room at around 12 and pretty much stayed in bed until 5pm. Didn't eat any of the lunch as wasn't that hungry.

'Wingman' was in the room directly opposite so at 5 I popped in to see how he was doing, He was having a similar reaction to me and was still in the groggy stage but we had a chat for while and then I went back to my room for a bit. I couldn't stand being in bed any longer so sat in one of the chairs for a couple of hours, had dinner which was nice and then 'Wingman' popped in and we ended up chatting for a few hours.

It was quite funny as the day nurses knew we would be in each others room and were fine with it but when the night shift came on at 8.30pm they weren't as happy to let us do this. It still didn't stop us as at 10ish 'Wingman' was back in my room and stayed here until midnight.

I had some sleep but someones call button kept going off every half hour and would ring for ages and wake me up, then at 6am the nurses came in with the medicine so I guess I probably got about 4 hours sleep.

Was glad to have the drains taken out as I could feel them digging in to me when I moved about, a little pain when they came out but not too bad. Got dressed and 'wingman' and I left together . Jumped into a taxi to the train station and a few hours later I was back at home.

Will update this throughout my recovery, Just glad it is all over now.

Cheers
Ollie

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Hey Ollie,

The night staff were hilarious, I think they genuinely thought we were going to start a racket!

Glad you're well and recovering now. How are you finding the bandages? I've started to get a rash under mine, which I think is due to my oversensitive skin.

How are you feeling with yourself? I can't move my arms out or up very far, just enough to get by.

Keep us updated buddy.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Glad things went well ollie, congratulations!

I noticed you said you got a train home the next day and were home in a few hours. Were you ok doing this or was it a struggle? I plan on getting the train home the following day after surgery but am a little unsure, as I'll be travelling back to Glasgow so quite a lengthy journey.

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
In my experience I think you should be fine getting it the next day. Just make sure you get a seat and it's quiet. Also, ensure that you leave a good few hours or so between getting up and getting the train. I was supposed to work the day after but when I took my bandage off I collapsed to the floor, came round and called in sick. Later in the day I felt as though I could have gone in though.

Offline covfefe

• Posting Member
Hey Ollie,

The night staff were hilarious, I think they genuinely thought we were going to start a racket!

Glad you're well and recovering now. How are you finding the bandages? I've started to get a rash under mine, which I think is due to my oversensitive skin.

How are you feeling with yourself? I can't move my arms out or up very far, just enough to get by.

Keep us updated buddy.

The night staff, if they are the same ones that were there when I was in, are incredible. They built me a seat out of pillows on my bed so I could sleep sat-up.
Good luck with the recovery guys - as you've seen in my thread, I was absolutely pleased to bits with the results up until about 3 days ago, so there's some ups and downs ahead I think. I'm just glad I don't seem to have much, if any scar tissue around my chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024