Author Topic: Surgery booked for Aug 9....  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Cpnh78

• Posting Member
Took the plunge and booked my surgery for Aug 9. Now the nerves are kicking in.  Any tips for getting rid of the nerves?

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
The only thing you can do is prepare for pre-surgery and post-surgery.

After that the only thing you can concentrate on is how badly you want your new chest/physique. For me, although I did get a little anxious, excited, and sad, all at the same time, right before the big day, I just told myself to think about all those years before that I wished I had a normal looking chest and all those times being self-conscious etc., now here was my chance to do something about it. And it was the right time for me to do it.

I just went past my one-year anniversary and I am SO HAPPY I did it! :)

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It is quite normal for one to be apprehensive prior to surgery -- this is a totally new experience for you.  You just have to be confident that you have chosen the right surgeon and go with that.

Nervousness can be normal -- just do not let it become overwhelming!

Good luck with your operation.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Cpnh78

• Posting Member
Thank you.  Less than 3 weeks away now.  I have never had a surgery in my life, at 35 this will be my first one. The nerves are setting in a bit.  As it turns out I also have a ventral hernia so I will be getting lipo and excision for my chest, lipo for my abdomen and flanks as well as a general surgeon coming in to fix the  hernia.  May as well do it all at once! 

I'm just hoping everything goes well an I wake up after surgery!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024