Author Topic: in the operating room?  (Read 4223 times)

Offline TKP2008

• Posting Member
how many people can I expect to be present at the surgery? Are they gonna parade me around bare chested in front of the hospital staff? Will my weiner be exposed at anytime? 2 more weeks to go. It kind of feels like I'm finishing up a prison sentence. 

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
I imagine there will be about 4 people there.  My surgery is Tuesday. 

I don't think you have any reason to be self conscious around hospital staff. They have seen everything and only want to help you. 

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Counting the surgeon, there will be a minimum of 4 people in the room besides you: surgeon, assistant, circulating nurse,  & anesthetist (or anesthesiologist).  I let my patients keep their underwear on - just wear your boxers or briefs and you'll be good.  No need to remove them, unless you're having lipo on your belly too.

A funny story: Operating room teams usually pull jokes on medical people having surgery (if they know them).  When I had this surgery a few years ago, they wrote on my chest with a marker: "It was very cold in the operating room"  with an arrow pointing down below my waist.  Very funny.

But you'll be OK.  They want you to be comfortable.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline TKP2008

• Posting Member
I'm pretty good at just saying " darn it" and doing what needs to be done. If I got strut around the hospital buck naked big titties bouncing so be it. 

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
I had my surgery on Tuesday.  I was asked to strip down to my underwear and socks and then put on a gown that opens in the back.  I layed down on the table still wearing the gown and then they pulled the gown down exposing my torso area.  You have nothing to worry about.

Offline TKP2008

• Posting Member
Congrats man! How did everything go? 13 more days to go for me.

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
The experience has been extraordinary.  The surgery was a little scary but then they gave me valium and put me to sleep.  I woke up and it was all over.  The 2 days post op were a little tough.  Not a lot of pain but much discomfort from the bandages and the tight binder.  I took the tylenol/codeine mostly to relax me so I could sleep which was difficult.  I saw my results today and I am very pleased.    There is some swelling in the lower half of my left breast but I think it will even out.  I am seeing my Dr this afternoon so he can assess the prelim results.  I feel amazing though.  No more flabby chest for me!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
Thanks GB -- I post some pics in the user pics section.  "Mark's pre/post pics"

Offline tigertown

• Posting Member
when i had mine done

i was just sitting on the table in my gown,  my dr. came up, took the gown down, made osme markings, took a pic, put the gown back up, then i just layed on my bac and the anthiestatist went to work and thats really all i remember

i worke socks and underwear so i dont think my noodle came out at anytime.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024