Author Topic: surgery  (Read 2871 times)

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
I have been reading a lot of the posts on this site and it seems that a many of you have had the surgery to no avail what is the deal with that? is it crappy surgeons or what?

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
This is a question that can be answered thousands of times and have different answers constantly.  There are a myriad of reasons as to why some guys who have surgery are unhappy.  The surgeon's concept of a normal looking chest may differ from the patient's, lack of acceptance of the body, the surgeon did a crappy job, etc. 

The guys who seem the happiest are the ones who go to the very reputable surgeons.  But there are a handful of very happy guys that used surgeons in their own state or town.  As long as you have realistic expectations and can accept the results you shouldn't have a problem.

I myself found that I didn't look hard enough for a surgeon.  Don't get me wrong, I am VERY glad that I had the surgery.  It reduced my gyne problem about 95% of the way.  I don't worry much about it anymore.  But after the surgery I wasn't completely happy with the amount of gland my surgeon left in my chest.  There was just enough left that it caused a little protrusion and it distressed me.  I eventually got over it and moved on after his office told me he wasn't going to revise the gyne, but he would give me liposuction to remove fat around my chest.  He reduced the problem enough to where there wasn't necessarily gynecomastia, just enough fat and a little gland to make me feel like I had a problem.

The liposuction would cost me about 3500 dollars.  Seeing him again was not worth it.  I chose him because he was rated as one of the top surgeons in America, was double board certified, and had previous experience with gynecomastia surgeries.

If I had to do it over again, I would have found another surgeon and communicated my desires more.  But I can very easily live with my body now and I love how I look.

:)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 04:01:33 PM by Jake »
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
hey man great thanks for the info

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024