Author Topic: Causes of gyno  (Read 4542 times)

Offline tralfaz

• Posting Member
I'd like to know how most of you developed gyno in the first place? I'm currently suffering from it, and both my MD and PS have said that most times the cause is unknown. I don't want to go through the cost and risk of surgery just to have it return someday.

I've been a daily pot smoker for over 15 years, and have read that can cause gyno. I started smoking at 15, and first noticed symptoms when I was about 30 yrs. old or so (I'm now 35). If I quit smoking weed altogether, is there a chance the gyno will go away on its own?

I was a heavy drinker from about 16 to 28 yrs old. Now I drink maybe once a week, but when I do drink it's several drinks (6-12). Could this make the gyno worse? I supplement with milk thistle on the days of and after I drink to help the liver out a bit.

I also noticed that Prevacid is listed as one of the drugs that may cause gyno. I've been taking that daily for several years now too. Anyone heard of this drug triggering gyno?

After researching how to optimize testosterone levels and decrease estrogen levels, I've found that alcohol, marijuana and acid reducers like Prevacid can all lead to zinc, magnesium and potassium deficiencies, liver damage (from the alcohol), and other conditions which subsequently lead to low testosterone and high estrogen levels.  

I've had blood work done by my MD and he said testosterone levels came back "normal", but there were no specifics on what the numbers were, whether or not they checked estrogen levels, etc.  

My case is mild, judging by the pics I've seen here. When I'm cold my chest tightens up and looks perfectly normal. Is this usually the case?  

If I ceased my irresponsible habits (quit smoking the ghanja, stopped drinking to get drunk) and quit taking Prevacid, could I possibly avoid surgery and have my mild gyno clear up on its own?

Offline vaio

• Gyne free, is the way to be!
You probably got it from the medication. I got mine from taking Prednisone to treat my asthma attacks.
$2,800 = Freedom!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/album?.dir=7e36&.src=ph&am p;store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/vaiomanfree/my_photos

Offline nukem2k5

• Breasts belong on women!
No, it won't clear up on it's own.
Reborn on May 24, 2005
Surgery Cost: $4,040
Dr. David Metzner - New Orleans, LA
My Photos
Two Years Post-Op Photos

Offline tralfaz

• Posting Member
Vaio,

If the medication may have been the cause, is there any chance the gyno will reverse itself once I've been off the medication for awhile, or is surgery the only option?

Gine2D

Always get a copy of your tests for your records.  You paid for them they are yours.

That way you will know what was tested & the actrual results so you can take it to another doctor in the future.

You need this for a baseline blood series for the later years

Offline tralfaz

• Posting Member
Anyone have any answers on whether or not the gyno may go away once I stop taking the prevacid?

I'm seeing posts about drugs that may help with gyno. Should I attempt drug therapy first, or is surgery the only way to get rid of gyno?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024