Author Topic: 2 days post op  (Read 3280 times)

Offline syracuse65

• Posting Member
I know I should probably be in the friends/family section but you all are so good and honest to eachother, I want to ask for your input.  My son is 2 days post-op.  He's 17.  He had bi-lateral glandular excision, no lipo.  Pretty extreme case.  Took the badages off last night and nipple areas are quite concave with noticible fat/swollen area above nipples.  Will the cancave area around nipples fill in?  Is the area above the nipples what we should start massaging toward the nipples?  Help, I'm lost.  Thanks!

Offline syracuse65

• Posting Member
Not so much lean as not really overweight.  From what the doc said, the empty space left from removal of the glandular tissue will be replaced by the fat that's naturally in that area.  Which is why I'm wondering if we need to manually manuever that fat into the nipple area or if it will fill in itself.  You're right though.  I think I just need to wait a little bit.  Because he's a kid, he's going to follow my lead on how this is going to heal.  I want to be able to be honest with him  without causing any more anxiety.  Thanks for your response.

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
Even I needed lipo to even out the chest after excision altough I'm very lean. That's all I can say.

Offline syracuse65

• Posting Member
We did ask about lipo but here's the deal.  He had an extreme case.  Picture this he's 6'0", weighs 189 and had the equivalent of a C/D cup.  It was all glandular tissue.  His incisions are not areolar.  They are 2" below his nipple and 4" in length.  He had, literally, a mini-mastectomy.  I have been looking on this site for about one month and have seen tons of photos but have not seen anything near what my son had.  He has no underlying endocrinology or genetic disorder.  But now they're gone and even with the large incisions and the depressions in his chest, he is so excited to not have breasts anymore!  Is there anyone who visits here who can relate to his situation and can say when and if the shelf of adipose tissue above the nipple needs to be massaged to coax it to move into position?  Or will it fill in the empty space on it's own?  Thank you all so much for listening.

Offline syracuse65

• Posting Member
That's a very good point.  I will ask when we go in on Monday about any follow up for asthetics.  Thank you.  We will keep you posted & if I can talk him into it, maybe photos to follow.

Offline nipman

• Posting Member
Im no expert,but even in minor cases lipo is needed to fill in the area where the gland was.  Surgons call this fat flap procedure.  Im 10% bf and needed fat flaps in order to prevent sunken in holes.  If the surgen didnt do this, you may be looking at a second surgery to correct and even out these holes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024