Author Topic: Swelling  (Read 2414 times)

Offline iamryan

Hi im 28 and in Australia. I have just had surgery to reduce my puffy nipples. 2 days after when I had the initial dressings removed by the surgeon it looked great now after about 4 days my nipples are swollen and puffy again I am hoping this is just sweling after the op.

Is this normal and how long will this take to come down.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
it is pretty normal, and how long depends on the case, it might be weeks or several months.  i assume you can ask followup questions of your doc - since he knows the particulars of your case he should be able to estimate it better than anyone, but it's probably not a precise thing.  i assume he's not having you wear a compression garment or drains.  you can ask him to check for fluid and keep an eye on scarring, but that area's been through a difficult process and this is part of healing. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline noobs101

• Posting Member
Yeah, it's very normal.. I'm 24 days post op and I it seems as though it just worse before it gets better because 2nd week post op it seems as my puffy nipple came back but it was due to swelling and scar tissue forming.  Now the puffiness is mostly gone and the hardness under the nipple area is softening. Hang in there, it'll get better =)
Dr. Craig Fielding    416.766.8890    Toronto
1st consultation: Sept 15th 2008
2nd consultation: Oct 17th 2008
Surgery date: October 29th 2008
Cost for freedom $2100.

Special thanks to : Grandpa Bambu

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
At one to two days after surgery, you may have a preview of what you will look like down the line.  It is normal for there to be swelling and this takes weeks to months to resolve -- and it is extremely individual.  I am a strong proponent of very snug compression garments during the early phases (first 1-2 months) of healing -- I think this helps to keep the swelling down and promotes faster healing.

Eventually, if there is continued swelling, you may wish to ask your surgeon about commencing some massage.  He knows your case and is best equipped to make these recommendations.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline iamryan

Thanks for your comments. I will hold on and wait going on just over a week today.. Still seem puffy and I have  scar tissue thats firm under my nipple so I hope in a week-month  or so it all goes away

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024