Author Topic: Post op  (Read 1415 times)

Offline zman677

Hello all,

First time poster here.  Had my reduction a week ago to date and finally took the vest off for the first time today.  Just wondering, if anyone else had this, how severe was the swelling post op? How long as well? Doctor said it should last a couple weeks with the worst being this upcoming week.  I was a little disappointed at first because I was expecting to be completely flat although I was told once the swelling goes down and I heal more, I will naturally flatten.  How true is this?  Also, my doctor more or less said he wouldn't be mad if I didn't wear the vest after today but I'm wearing an underarmour now and I'm thinking of maybe wearing the vest around the house and while I'm sleeping and wearing the underarmour when I go out.  Even necessary or am I just being a worry wart? Also, I know I sound like a worry wart but I had a buddy (who doesn't know I did the op) give me a light playful punch on the chest.  Didn't hurt too bad---can't hurt the recovery or swelling correct? Did anyone else feel a weird kind of sensation feeling in the chest when you first took off the original vest? A lot of questions I know.  I've spoken with a professional and all, just interested in hearing some different opinions from people who have done it.

Thanks all.  Love the site. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024