Author Topic: Not Completely Satisfied  (Read 2438 times)

Offline jptv89

I had my surgery about 2 1/2 months ago, and while there was a tremendous change, there is still more fat tissue there than I was hoping there would be. On the plus side I now feel relatively comfortable going out with just a t-shirt on, but I am nowhere near taking my shirt off in public. Most of the remaining fat tissue is on the bottom part of my chest. Since I'm more than 2 months out I'm assuming that all the swelling is gone, so they won't be getting any smaller. As of now I would like to have revision surgery but there is no way I will be able to afford that for a while! Is there anything I can do to make my chest smaller? Will doing cardio exercises combined with lifting weights that target my chest muscles help or just make them stick out even more? Any advice is much appreciated.

DrBermant

I had my surgery about 2 1/2 months ago, and while there was a tremendous change, there is still more fat tissue there than I was hoping there would be. On the plus side I now feel relatively comfortable going out with just a t-shirt on, but I am nowhere near taking my shirt off in public. Most of the remaining fat tissue is on the bottom part of my chest. Since I'm more than 2 months out I'm assuming that all the swelling is gone, so they won't be getting any smaller. As of now I would like to have revision surgery but there is no way I will be able to afford that for a while! Is there anything I can do to make my chest smaller? Will doing cardio exercises combined with lifting weights that target my chest muscles help or just make them stick out even more? Any advice is much appreciated.

It can take 6 months or more to see final results after surgery. Posting Standard After Gynecomastia Surgery Pictures can help others better understand your concerns. If global fat is the contour issue, Plastic Surgery is not an alternative for weight loss. Surgery done too soon does not look good. Breasts are smaller, but still there when global fat is a contour issue.

Losing weight before surgery is typically better than after. You cannot pick where that fat will be coming from. That is why I prefer using the coarse tool of weight loss first, then reserve refinement with the surgery.

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. A common complaint is that as they build muscle, what sits on top of the muscle gets pushed out further. Yet exercise can be a great tool for losing weight and shaping the muscles of the body!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024