Author Topic: Few questions after 4 month postop  (Read 2058 times)

Offline djthiago1

• Posting Member
I'm 16, and i had my surgery 4 months ago, and i really don't want to revisit my doctor since it's quite far from my house.

I still have a hard mass penny sized on 1 side of my chest, i read some posts about this mass but i'm still a bit confused. by the way, when i massage it, it gets way less puffy and very soft underneath, but after a couple of hours it gets hard and puffy like it was before, will this go away?

Also, when i did my revision, i forgot to ask my doctor for how long and when to stop massaging my chest. I Could really use some help.

Thanks in advance,

Thiago

Offline djthiago1

• Posting Member
Can anyone help me, i'm very frustrated  :-\

Offline willy27

• Bronze Member
Just keep massaging. If 6 months go by and theres still no results, its prob scar tissue that you can't break down any further. Go see your doc again, ask him if your tissue was tested after your revision. The tissue he extracted could tell you if the gland has grown back, or if its just plain scar tissue.

I've had a at least 3 revisions with my doc, and after the last one, he confirmed with me that its pure scar tissue that was removed. Mine are still puffy, but its all just scar tissue. He then gave me cortisone shots to help break down the scar tissue.

Offline djthiago1

• Posting Member
Just keep massaging. If 6 months go by and theres still no results, its prob scar tissue that you can't break down any further. Go see your doc again, ask him if your tissue was tested after your revision. The tissue he extracted could tell you if the gland has grown back, or if its just plain scar tissue.

I've had a at least 3 revisions with my doc, and after the last one, he confirmed with me that its pure scar tissue that was removed. Mine are still puffy, but its all just scar tissue. He then gave me cortisone shots to help break down the scar tissue.

Would massage still work even after 4 months+ ?

Offline djthiago1

• Posting Member
A little update on my post op prob, i'm in doubt wether is left over gland or just scar tissue, when i flex my chest and touch the nipple, there's sort of an empty like space between the nipple tip and the hard tissue behind, the scar tissue doesn't touch the nipple directly, the nipple tip is a bit far from the scar , i started having this problem about 3 weeks post op.

Is there any way to know if it's gland or just scar tissue??
It might not look as bad on the pics but it sticks out pretty bad through shirts =/

Pics from my right nipple, the one giving me a hard time 4 - 5 months post op
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 09:53:04 PM by djthiago1 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024