Author Topic: Fluid Build Up.,...help..........  (Read 4175 times)

Offline medici999

• Posting Member
Im 16days post op now...my surgeon told me if it started feeling squidgy/fluid building up to drain it with a needle.....however what im draining looks to be pure blood and not fluid.

However....i thought that if i was withdrawing that much blood i would be in a vein, but if i was in a vein i would know that surely?

I had it done in poland and im in the uk...and im following her advice...but im worried im actually withdrawing pure blood.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this?

The scar tissue build up is getting bigger and bigger too and is sticking to my skin.

Once i withdraw the blood so that it no longer squidgy then my nipple goes indented.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
It sounds as if you have a hematoma -- a collection of blood.  The ideal treatment, if it is large, is to return to your surgeon and have it opened up and the clotted blood removed.  If this is not possible, then daily drainage with a syringe (I sure hope you have this done by a doctor under sterile conditions) can be of help.  Ultimately, though, some of the blood will turn to scar tissue and you may have an asymmetric result.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
It really is important to have the blood removed. This needs to be done by an experienced physician as it is important to remove all the blood else the blood will form into scar tissue. This scar tissue will resemble breast tissue thus negating the results of the surgery.
Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

Offline jojo82

• Silver Member
Im 16days post op now...my surgeon told me if it started feeling squidgy/fluid building up to drain it with a needle.....however what im draining looks to be pure blood and not fluid.

However....i thought that if i was withdrawing that much blood i would be in a vein, but if i was in a vein i would know that surely?

I had it done in poland and im in the uk...and im following her advice...but im worried im actually withdrawing pure blood.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this?

The scar tissue build up is getting bigger and bigger too and is sticking to my skin.

Once i withdraw the blood so that it no longer squidgy then my nipple goes indented.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Your doctor told you to draw fluid from your chest with a needle? And you've done it? That was terrible advice and almost warrants you naming the doctor. That may even border on malpractice.

This is exactly why we need a better resource for gyne doctor reviews. There are some real deuces and butchers out there. Forums like this are great, but it's owned by a gyne surgeon, and doctors pay for listings; there's an obvious conflict of interest here.

In any event, you need to go back to that surgeon immediately if possible. If not possible, then you need to go to your primary care physician and have it looked at.

Offline Reverence

• Posting Member
Suggest you visit a GP that does not sound great.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024