Author Topic: Operation with Mr Vijh on the 18/06/2018  (Read 15405 times)

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Evening Gynogadge. Just wondering how your recovery is going? Have you had time to do some before and after pics?

Good luck for tomorrow Plxukz, keep us posted.

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Thanks man. I'm pretty nervous, but I'm sure it will all be fine and can't wait for the end result.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
What time do you have to be at the hospital? I'm hoping that when I attend I don't have to wait around for hours. In, then back in room recovering...

Offline Gynogadge

• Posting Member
That’s strange and sucks, I was a 3 hour drive away so they rang and just did my pre opp over the phone 🤔

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Just been for my pre-assessment at the Priory.  
Simple task and takes around 20mins - height, weight, blood pressure, medical questions.
My admission is at 12:30 on Monday 18th.  I asked how long would I have to wait and basically it's just luck on where you are on the operating list.  It could be anywhere between 13:00 - 19:00.
When you wake you'll already be connected to the cooling pads with the compression vest fitted.  They will also place something on each leg for blood circulation.  I asked about the toilet arrangement once in bed and connected up.  In the first 3hrs or so the nurses will help.  I was told after that they'll show you how to disconnect the machine so you can get up...  The following morning I should be discharged around 11am.

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
Got my pre-assessment on Friday. Shame its such a short 20 minute appointment. I'm flying in and have booked a hotel for the Thursday just for this damn thing. Wouldn't have bothered if its something I could just do at my GP.

11 am seems quite late for a discharge on Tuesday. Was hoping it would be a lot earlier. Any questions you forgot to ask you want me to bring up on Friday?

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Evening. Where are you flying in from? When is your OP?

Don't think I have anymore questions to be honest thank you. I'm now just counting down the days and want just it done and on the road to recovery.

I live around 1.5hr drive from The Priory. Discharge could be earlier, all depends if Mr Vijh wants to see you. I believe the cutoff is around 11am. Probably need the room for the next person.

Offline ShadeThrow

• Posting Member
Flying down from Scotland. My op is on Monday 18th with admission time same as yours I think I posted it before but somehow my post has disappeared & the site un-registered me. Not sure which one of us Mr Vijh will operate on first on Monday though. Makes me wonder how many ops he gets through in a day! In the same boat as just want it over and done with. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
The website went wrong the other day and days of data has been lost.

I am also slightly puzzled and concerned on how many people they do in one day. We don't have to be onsite until 12:30 so by the time you get checked in, changed, marked up, surely no OP's unit 13:30... Each OP they say is 1hr.

I've been waiting 10 years for this so I don't want a rushed job especially when I have 12 months finance with it.

Shame you couldn't fly down and stay down until the OP. Will you be flying back after the OP?

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Just purchased the ESS Adjustable Compression Vest Stage 1 for £67.80 incl shipping and taxes, what a bargain...

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Yeah I still feel bad about that purchase. Its definitely better than the one provided, but just the idea of spending nearly £70 on a tight vest...

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Hey, hows your recovering going after 14 days?  I did pop you a msg on your thread last week but the website has lost loads of posts!

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Hey man. Yeah I can't say I caught it, must have been deleted or something.

It's going well thanks. Bruising is very minimal now and it all looks pretty normal to be honest. I can feel some small lumps near where the incision was made and apparently this is scar tissue and is quite normal. Will probably bring it up when I next see Mr Vijh. Just can't wait to get back to working out and stretching now though. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Great news.  

Back to work next week?  
How is your arm movement, sleeping and pain going?
I presume you'll see Mr Vijh around the 8 week mark?

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Yup.

Its getting better, can almost reach overhead now without any pain/discomfort. Sleeping on my side has been alright too.

Yes I think so, he suggests around the 4-10 weeks mark so I will look to go see him sometime in-between then. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024