Author Topic: Re: 2 weeks, still swollen  (Read 3640 times)

Offline randomuser1

• Posting Member
they say usually 3-6 months for swelling to go away

Offline Bluish

• Posting Member
hey there
i'm 3 months PO and i still have swollen on my right side. feels like there are drains underneath my skin?!? :'(

my left one is perfect. i'm still using Vitamin E creme for scars. my scars on right side start to be more softness.
i think i'll make appointment with my doc.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Yes, I am also 2 weeks now and swelling is still there. I think it will be couple of weeks after we remove the compression belt.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
Mine is going up and down. moving too much, not having enough compression in a specific area, all can cause it to swell up/

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
I think that it mostly speeds up the healing and it makes sure that your skin re attaches to your body. I think that is pretty important.

Merle

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
It's 3 weeks post op and today the P.S. stuck in a needle and drained out some fluid from my right side.  It's amazing.  Significant swelling came down to normal within minutes.  Didn't hurt either.  :)  
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
Oh nice. How swollen was it before?? and just on one side? My swelling went down a significant amount but seems like theres a dent above my left nipple. It's probably just from swelling in the surrounding area. Any idea how tight the compression vest should be? I'm worried maybe I wasn't wearing it tight enough at first, but I'm probably just being paranoid.

It was pretty swollen and tight mainly in my right upper chest area.  Yes, apparently swelling can pull at other areas making them look recessed or dented.  It'll take possibly months for some of that stuff to work itself out.  For what it's worth, at around 2 weeks my P.S. told me I could order a compression shirt from Underworks and wear it instead of the vest with the hooks and zipper.  Major comfort improvement.  

Offline ghostrider

• Bronze Member
  • surgery done 05/09/06
have you any pictures? its so much easier to comment when we can see the problem with our own eyes  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024