Author Topic: Regrowth signs?  (Read 5949 times)

Offline gynguy

• Posting Member
I was wondering what the signs of regrowth are? 

The reason I ask is because I have been experiencing this dull aching feeling on the right side of my chest, but not focused on my nipple area.  The feeling is not painful, but more of a sensation.  I also noticed that the muscles in my chest tighten quickly (similar to a muscle twitch) without me really trying to.  My pecs seem to stay somewhat flexed for short periods of time as well.  The feeling is not painful, but more of a sensation.  I would appreciate any feedback at all.  Any thoughts are helpful! 

Offline MSJ108

Watch for puffy itchy areaolas/nipples

Offline gynebegone2

• Bronze Member
Maybe you could start with giving us a little history.  If your a year post op I think the sore nipples might be a bad sign..  The muscle thing has nothing to do with breast tissue.

Offline gynguy

• Posting Member
Thank you both for your input.  I appreciate it.

As for my history:
Gyne set in at 13. Stayed stable as I grew older, mostly if not all gland.  I have always been lean and never had weight issues.  It was never sensitive or tender to touch.  I could push on the glands and it would not hurt.  Just had surgery done a week 1/2 ago.  Results look great and have had no pain, with little swelling/bruising.  I thought the weird sensation would go away when I got surgery...but I wasn't that lucky.  I have been feeling this for about 8 months or so with it being more noticeable in the last 3 months.  I do not have sore or itchy nipples and never really have.  If I take a deep breath and hold it, the sensation intensifies. 

I know this is very confusing, and I am sorry for the abstract description of my symptoms, but I don't know how else to describe it.  It is the hardest thing for me to describe because it is so weird.  It may have nothing to do with gyne and be something with my heart or respiratory system.  I am gonna go to the doctor this weekend to get myself checked out.  I just didn't want to hear the gland was growing back but now that I think about it, I may have more serious issues to worry about.  Do you think I should see an endocrinologist to get my hormones checked?  Is that covered under insurance?  Thanks for the help so far and I look forward to hearing from anyone that is willing to make a suggestion or comment. 

Offline tunapuff

• Bronze Member
Go see an endo.....it can't hurt.

Offline gynguy

• Posting Member
Going to see the family Doc on Friday.  I am going to have him refer me to an Endo too. 

Offline MSJ108

Going to see the family Doc on Friday.  I am going to have him refer me to an Endo too. 

right on brother. Good luck and keep us posted

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I doubt it will be anything to do with the gyne mate. You say you only had the surgery 1 1/2 weeks ago? Well you are bound to be getting weird feelings and lumpiness in the chest area and this will take months rather than weeks to settle down completely. However, if you had been feeling these sensations before surgery it may not be related and as already suggested, it would be worth getting it checked out by your GP. I suppose it could turn out to be related to the gyne and now that you have had the op, it may subside in time. Get it checked out anyway. Good luck.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline gynguy

• Posting Member
So I went to my family doc to get checked out.  He talked to me about how I have good muscle structure, and hair growth, which shows that I have normal testosterone.  As for the feelings I get in my chest, he hopes it is in my head.  I know it is not in my head because I feel it everyday.  He still gave me an Endo to go see if I feel the need.  I am definitely going to call and try to set something up if my insurance will cover it.  I don't think muscles and hair tell the whole story about my testosterone levels either. 

I recently have had my lymph node in my neck start to swell and is very sore also.  Anyone know what this could be linked to? 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The lymph node could be an important clue as to what is going on. I hope you didn't forget to tell the Dr. about it.  If it was overlooked, you should schedule another appointment.
Grandpa Dan

Offline MSJ108

So I went to my family doc to get checked out.  He talked to me about how I have good muscle structure, and hair growth, which shows that I have normal testosterone.  As for the feelings I get in my chest, he hopes it is in my head.  I know it is not in my head because I feel it everyday.  He still gave me an Endo to go see if I feel the need.  I am definitely going to call and try to set something up if my insurance will cover it.  I don't think muscles and hair tell the whole story about my testosterone levels either. 

I recently have had my lymph node in my neck start to swell and is very sore also.  Anyone know what this could be linked to? 

talk with the endo. see what he/she says. Good luck

Offline matthew1

• Gold Member
 endo  docs are not the answer  always, as like everything els some of them  are not so  good. I hired  2 endos out of my  pocket and neither  even  ordered the correct  tests to check my  hormones. They  just looked at the  testosterone and said ''it is  low  but  still ok''  FREAking clueless.  Estrodiol  level was 85 they did not even test that. Finally  the third  doc seems  better

Offline gynguy

• Posting Member
Thanks for all the input guys!  I will keep you updated

Offline princerockzz

• Bronze Member
hello everyone...i have been looking for a sensation which could cause breast growth all over this forum....i dont know if i am in the right place...well i had gyno from about the age of 13 or 14.... but i started experiencing this sensation a year ago under my right chest nipple.... the sensation is like something trying to come out...it comes and goes..i dont know how to explain this sensation but.... i think it caused breastt growth...i donno if it is because i gained too much fat than actual gyno growth....my left chest was compartively smaller....it was much smaller before that year i mentioned....and i dont actually get this sensation on my left side as often as i get it on my right....maybe its PSYCHOLOGICAL but...

a couple of weeks ago...may 30th... i had my gyno surgery done....i didn see an endocrinologist... had my blood tested for somethings...everything looks fine....but now that i have that sensation again on my right chest again..like something pushing out frm nipple...comes and goes.. and i fear i my gyno will come back on my right side....is this possible? please reply....i really need to know what happened after yu visited the endo?

Offline danielb0101

• Posting Member
 im going for a second surgery after my gyne regrew on me. it started to grow about 3 months after my first op but i couldn't tell if it was breast tissue or scar tissue, so i waited the full year to see if it improved. now one year later i somehow got more breast tissue than before it goes all the way to my armpit. what i would do is dont wait one yr like me if you feel something is up go to your doc and he would know what to do. also get second opinion just to be sure. good luck

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024