Author Topic: I cant talk to my parents.  (Read 6169 times)

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
I've had gynecomastia since i was about 8. in every picture i look at as a child, i've had large man boobs. Im not over weight (5 foot 8) about 130 pounds. I have a flat stomach, but in all my shirts, my chest is going out about an inch. Im to embarrassed to talk to my mom about it, even though i know she'll be supportive. Anyone have any advice to approach her, because i feel to embarrassed to say anything.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Well I know how you feel, here are some suggestions:

-Tell her that your chest bothers you when you touch it and is swollen so you want to go to the doctor

-You're embarassed of your chest and you don't want to get bullied in school

-In your next doctor physical, when your doctor is checking your genitals, etc. Talk to himor her and say how much its bothering you.

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
about it also, i dont know why but right behind my "breast area" of my body, only the upper part of my back is always sore. my breasts are somewhat sensitive to the touch, and have just been annoying me for years. i recently dropped 10 pounds and saw my stomach get leaner, but my man boobs did not change. Is surgery the only option?

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Could you try and post some pictures of your case? It would really help us to help you.  :)

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
You look a little overweight, but that's because of the angle of the picture. Try looking at some of the pictures on here. Most of them are good and multiple pictures give a better overall look at you gyne.

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
from the side its a flat stomach with just that. ive been running to get leaner, and thats the only thing that has not changed though.. if i cant see a difference after running for another month, i guess i have to talk to her.

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
sorry to be a bother mark but 1 more question. when i feel behind my "nipples", it doesnt feel normal. i feel little balls that moves and everything else doesnt feel like fat. some feel like long strands, and it doesnt feel right. is this normal?

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
No bother at all, I'm just happy to help.  :)

Yeah, gyne can feel like a lot of thinks. Small, marbly, rubbery, hard, soft. Mine feels like the fat on my body, whch made me think I could burn it off with cardio..  :-\ unfortunately I can't. So I'm just working out to make it LOOK better even though I will still have gyne.

So, yeah its normal

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
yeah i know what you mean. i saw a difference once i started to run again. I dropped about 8 pounds in a month, seeing no change in my chest. The fat on my body feels like a completely different thing than this, which is still making me believe its gyne. Hopefully if i drop more weight, it wont be

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Me too, I want to be able to go to the beach shirtless this summer. So I'm gonna work hard and post some pics in a few months.

Good luck to you  :P

Offline theman

• Posting Member
I've had gynecomastia since i was about 8. in every picture i look at as a child, i've had large man boobs. Im not over weight (5 foot 8) about 130 pounds. I have a flat stomach, but in all my shirts, my chest is going out about an inch. Im to embarrassed to talk to my mom about it, even though i know she'll be supportive. Anyone have any advice to approach her, because i feel to embarrassed to say anything.

Hey,

I know how it feels to be too embaressed to tell a parent about this condition, however I can guarantee that it will be a huge relief as soon as you do. If you know she will be supportive, you have nothing to loose, and it could be the next step to doing something about ur gyne? (if it is gyne)

Maybe you could send her an email explaining how it's affecting yourself and link her to some sites explaining about gynecomastia?

Or try to talk to her; I understand how it may be awkward to bring the subject up, but you could say something like you need to talk about something that's been really bothering you, which will show you're serious about it.

I hope this helps, let us know how your getting on.  :)
Post Op :D

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
thank you for the support. im thinking about trying to get her alone so we can just talk about. i know she knows there something wrong, do to the fact about a year ago she said, " even if you have man boobs, you can get them sucked out. It runs on your fathers side of the family."

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Wow, that's just like a ticket saying " here get the surgery done!" You can definetly talk to her about it and getting the surgery done.

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
hopefully it works out. ill most likely post the response tomorrow. now its the waiting game.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024