Author Topic: I cant talk to my parents.  (Read 6171 times)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
One easy way would be to pull up your post and call your mom to read what is on the screen, Then tell her you wrote it.
Grandpa Dan

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
so well i have a story. talked to her, and she knew. going for a consultation soon. woo hoo. almost to the "other side" xD

Offline theman

• Posting Member
so well i have a story. talked to her, and she knew. going for a consultation soon. woo hoo. almost to the "other side" xD

Glad to hear!

I bet you feel a lot better now?!
Post Op :D

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
yeah. no more stress. now i just have to wait until the counseltation.

Offline Ludvig

yeah. no more stress. now i just have to wait until the counseltation.
Personally, I'd recommend going to an endocrinologist first before you commit to surgery. Since you've had it since 8, chances are nothing is wrong hormonally, but it's always safe to check before shelling out a couple thousand dollars only to have it come back.

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
yeah im getting bloodwork soon to make sure everythings in "balance"

Offline titans321

• Posting Member
I wish I had the balls to tell my parents.   :-\

Offline adidas22

• Posting Member
to tell you the truth, just go up to her and tell her something wrong. If you just say that, she'll keep bugging you until you tell her whats up. if you tell her, youll feel alot better knowing she understands what youre going through.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
I wish I had the balls to tell my parents.   :-\
I thought I didn't have the balls to tell my parents, but in the end I had no other choice. You simply have to pluck up the courage to tell one of your parents; whichever one will be paying for the operation.

Make sure you know exactly what you're going to say in advance. Rehearse it in your mind. I sat down with my father and explained the situation to him. I told him how I wanted to join the Royal Marines but couldn't because of being unable to shower with the other soldiers, and how it's held me back in my career etc.

Honestly, it's such a relief once you know that you're going to get surgery. I feel better already and I haven't stepped over to the 'othe side' yet.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024